Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Hero Arts & Pinkfresh

Check my sale pages for a wide variety of crafting goodies.

I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things after my wonderful trip to Indiana.  Speaking of which, another treat was getting to see 2 of my friends from the Hero Arts Flickr group.  We met briefly several years ago when I was in Indy.  Kathy & Linda drove down to Nashville, Indiana to join all of us for lunch & shopping in the 2 stamp stores.  Just wish I lived closer!
My first card uses a couple of my old HA stamps:  Silhouette Grass & Friends are Treasures.  I heat embossed the grass with a copper powder on a scrap of Classic Kraft cardstock.  Then I used my brushes (same as the $50 ones, but only $9) to apply DO spiced marmalade & fossilized amber.  Such a different effect than on white cardstock & I really love it. 
The sentiment was black embossed on another scrap & ink blended the same way.  To make it stand out, I copper embossed the edges.  It's one of my favorite techniques learned way back when I started stamping.  I used foam tape to add the sentiment panel & finished off with a few black Pico Embellisher drops.  I'm entering ABNH, CAS on Friday, ModSquad, Snippets Playground (playing for fun) & SSS Wednesday.
 For your blogModsquad ChallengeSnippets Playground Badge
Next is my entry for the October challenge at Pinkfresh.  The theme is Circle Elements & I used various products from the Felicity collection.
First I pulled out the pink cardstock wreath & the "awesome" puffy sticker.  Then I looked through all the elements & played around until I was happy adding in items with soft gray blue & yellow.  I colored the leaves with a sparkle pen, added gems to the flowers & covered the yellow half of the wooden heart with yellow Stickles.  Remembered I had a circles embossing folder, so used that for the background panel.  I don't really make collage or modern designs, but I did have fun putting this together.  I like the result & my friend won't care that I'm not an expert.  I'm also entering WAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


17 comments:

  1. These are as different as night and day, but they're equally fabulous!! Cute photo of you with your crafty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. each card so unique and different - love the fall colors in the first one and the pale, soft one in the second - love your remark about the brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and love the pic of you and your stamping friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when blogging friends meet together, Greta. I am glad you had such a great time.
    And two amazing cards, as always, my friend. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Greta. So much fun to meet up with crafty friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the warm glow of the first card, Greta! Love, love, love the fabulous collage of elements on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS card, Greta. I love your style, and it's always a treat to see your wonderful creations linked up with us. Please let me know if you'd ever consider being a guest designer for me. I'd love to have you.
    Enjoy your week, and keep on crafting.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful cards and so glad you are getting back in the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are so gorgeous but I really love that first one with the grass design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there sweet friend... Gorgeous cards and an even more gorgeous photo! Friends are lifetime treasures and I'm so grateful to have you in my life even though we've never met... Thank you for your email and kind words... Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that card embossed in copper. A beautiful fall card for sure. The soft pink wreath is so pretty. I'm so glad your friends came down to meet us. I was so happy they came and hope to be able to meet up with them again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful snippets card Greta - and what a wonderful time you had on your trip! I'm very envious.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always great to spend time with crafty friends Greta x Gorgeous tones on the first card and the copper and the kraft look wonderful. Beautiful second card and what a fabulous design x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards here Greta!both so different but both so lovely too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful incidental result of crafting - that of making friends all over the country and the wide world. Something I treasure. Love your Autumnal tones and blending on your first card and the soft tones with the circles on the second one. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful classy card! Thanks for joining CAS on Friday! Hugs Ã…sa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! Love the clean white lines and the use of stickers on the second card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Pinkfresh Studio October Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.