Monday, October 28, 2019

Christmas & Thanksgiving

New items have been added to my sale pages & check out the lower prices.  

I'm still not really into a rhythm since my time away.  This morning it dawned on me that I hadn't mailed any of my Halloween cards.  Oops--next year!
Decided the Altenew Modern Holiday class might get my mojo going & so far I've made 2 homework cards.  The Day 1 challenge is to use die cuts not typically used for holiday cards.  I cased Nancy's card but used different products.
Would never have thought to use a black circle frame behind my green wreath which I made with a branch die from Altenew Layered Floral Elements.  The little blue arrangement is made with the same die cut down & combined with another one from the same set.  The word is from W&W Frenchy's Festive Florals & the background is Altenew Pegboard Canvas Cover Die.
The Day 2 challenge is to use one layer of a layered image.  I finally got Altenew Majestic Mistletoe awhile back & it had just the image I needed for my background.
The inks are Altenew Fresh Leaf & Lime.  I don't have Altenew Christmas flowers, so I used the Fantasy Floral Die with layers of black, silver glitter & red with black & silver glitter leaves.  I black embossed the Altenew Mini Christmas on a vellum strip.  Finished off with silver sequins & added dots of Christmas Red Stickles.  Different, but kind of fun, I think.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground & Rudolph Days.
Snippets Playground Badge
My last Christmas card is for RRCB where my good friend, Betty, is the GD.  This time there's a great sketch to use.  Hope I didn't stray too far.
I found an old double-sided paper which I combined with the sentiment from Altenew Lyrical Script which I bought just over a year ago.  Three holly images were fussy cut--something I seldom think to do.  All the berries are covered in Christmas Red Stickles & the leaves around the sentiment are brushed with a glimmer pen.  I'm also entering ModSquad.
RRCB 122Modsquad Challenge
Now on to Thanksgiving cards starting with my entry for ITP LFF Inlaid Die Cuts.  I actually figured out that there's a layered tree in the PTI Enchanted Forest set & I stamped it 3 times using Cocoa Bean, Ocean Tides & Pinefeather.
The splatters were done with a dark brown Zig.  I die cut the word from PTI Counting My Blessings, backed it with 2 kraft layers & glued it back into place.  I added a layer of Nuvo Glaze to make it stand out a bit more.  I'm also entering WAW & Stamping Sensations.
Grab our badge:Please grab our logo
My last card is for SSS Flickr 135 & SSS Wednesday.  I missed the stencil challenge, but still had the SSS Bouquet of Roses stencil on my table.
To begin, I used a brayer to cover a panel with Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves.  Then I used transluscent paste through the stencil & added Vintage Plantinum Glitter Dust--so pretty!
The sentiment is from SSS Thoughtful Messages.  I stamped & distressed the edges with Acorn Versafine Clair before adding the strips with foam tape.  I'm also entering Stamplorations Stencil Challenge.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



25 comments:

  1. Great batch of cards, Greta! Especially love the thank you card with all the texture and color blending! Fab Christmas cards too - you've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bunch of cards Greta. The Christmas cards are awesome and the Thanksgiving cards are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous selection of Christmas cards, Greta. I love all of them but especially the one with the trees!!!!!!! Kisses, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word Greta, you've been on a challenge roll with all these gorgeous cards. Your time wiht the class is definitely well spent. Your patterned paper card is so festive and your last glittery card is some serious gorgeousness. Good to see you back and making such lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like your mojo has come back full force, Greta - all stunning cards and so different - especially love the colors and texture in the last card and your card RRCB is so pretty - lots of winners in this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful collection of cards, Greta, all so different. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card for the challenge of stamping Sensations.
    Very beautiuful style.
    Thank you for joining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning set of cards. The first one is so classy and a contemporary look to it, which I love and wow to the last one and those stunning colours and fabulous stencilling x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are all so well designed and beautiful. I can see you have added a lot of great ones to your supply stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might not be back in your usual rhythm, Greta, but you are sure uber productive! This is a stunning array of creativity in both numbers and designs! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Greta, you've been a busy bee! These are all fabulous (as usual!) and I like the variety of your designs. Lots of prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A bumper post packed with lovely designs Greta and your Stamping Sensations creation is lovely with the sentiment incorporated into the stamping - or is that the other way around? Many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness for someone who is struggling to get into crafting you sure have created some amazing cards!! My favourite is the one with the trees ... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd say you are back in the groove! These are all wonderful cards. I'm really loving that last card with those gorgeous autumn colors and translucent paste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greta...love all your beautiful cards! Your final card is amazing, just love your stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely set of cards, greta! the diversity of styles really showcase your card making skills, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, Greta. You have made a plethora of gorgeous cards. Each and every one is so beautiful\
    .

    I know it is not the Rudolph entry but my fave is the thanksgiving stencilled one with the sentiment on the kraft paper. The colours of this card and the design are so lovely.

    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta,
    I love the cards you have posted on the Altenew Forum for the Modern Holiday Cardmaking class. I particularly like the silver floral layer. Thanks again for taking my class.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a creative spurt you've had Greta with a disparate clutch of cards to choose from. Each has something special to offer and I like them all for different reasons. I especially like the Blessed card with those three beautiful trees and the last one for it's vibrant colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow...Greta...no words!! You've created beautiful different designs and techniques with each card has it own uniqueness. I especially love the Blessed card. Thank you Greta for playing along with us at STAMPLorations Stencil October Challenge and best of luck.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    ...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
    ...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
    ...My Instagram...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great set of cards Greta! I love them all - very clever ideas as well.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. adore your card!!! thanks for joining in on the STAMPlorations challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous array of cards Greta. So glad you shared your spectacular thank you card with us at STAMPlorations for our Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty cards. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.