Friday, May 18, 2018

Penny Black, SSS & PTI

I have 3 cards to share today.  Recently I watched another Jill Foster video for PB.  Even though my card looks nothing like her work, she did inspire me. 
I stamped the gorgeous PB First Blush image in Versafine Smokey Gray on watercolor paper.  Then I painted Distress Inks peacock feathers, evergreen bough & pumice stone using a water brush.  I also added some peacock feathers splatters.  After it dried I overstamped with PB Music Background, lightly sponged the edges & stamped the Flourishes sentiment.  This one was already mailed to a friend celebrating her 25th anniversary.  I'm entering ATSM, PB&MPBSC & Stamping Sensations.
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blogPenny Black Saturday ChallengePlease grab our logo
I had Distress Ink left over from painting the previous card, so grabbed a scrap of watercolor paper & covered it using the smooshing technique. 
The SSS Flickr challenge is to use a stencil, so I applied Delicata Silvery Shimmer over the beautiful SSS Heart Mandala stencil with a sponge dauber.  I remembered THIS card made by my friend, Ros.  Love the idea of a beautiful background with a sentiment, so I just added SSS Painted Hugs die cut. 
The top layer is sponged with the silver ink & I attached it so there's a white shadow.  The frame was made with Lil' Inker stitched rectangles & I added HA ombre sequins.  I'm also entering CropStop & HLS Anything Goes with Dies.
Challenges
Last is my entry for PTI CAWU.  There's always lots of inspiration from the DT, but this time it was an easy choice for me.  When I saw Dawn's Cover Up: Hexagons card colored with Zigs, I knew I wanted to do something similar using my Cover Up: Diamonds. 
I used gold embossing & a combo of Zigs that's unusual for me: Orange, Pink Flamingo & Yellow.  The sentiment from Corner Adorner: February was attached with foam tape.  I used Summer Sunrise for the mat & finished off with clear gems.  Can't wait to use the diamonds stamp again!  I'm also entering Fusion just using the sketch.  At least I hope this is close enough.  
Dawn_McVey_Hexagon_Thank_You_1


32 comments:

  1. What a delicate and pretty first card and love the over stamping of the background. Very artsy and such a great effect on the second. Crisp and clean third card and so very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  2. all three cards are pretty darn amazing, greta, but I really love the first one! it is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't know what her cards looked like, but yours are FABulous!! I love the elegant simplicity of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collection of cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rolling with wonderful ideas, Greta! I absolutely love that first branch of flowers, especially the soft colors. Isn't if fun to create a similar design for the CAWU? You really nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greta wow what pretty cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. three fabulous cards Greta. All of them are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards. I really like the branch with the music script. Thanks for sharing your makes with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beautiful stenciled card you linked up to Cropstop - great color combo! So happy you have you join us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. three lovely cards, Greta - difficult to choose a favorite, but love the flowers and the background on the second one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful, Greta. I especially love the smooshed one. Great job. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, this is a beautiful display of your creativity ~ Love each of your colorful card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful set of wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colour palette, and such gorgeous cards , but your first card has to be my favourite just love the flowers and the colour, thank you for sharing with us at PBSC, hope you will join us next time.
    Hugs Babs DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. All lovely, the influences have come up tops for you, love the cards.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love the stenciled one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Greta. The stenciled card is so lovely and delicate. YOur second card is fabulous - I love gold embossing with zigs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three beauties, Greta! My fave is the one with the music stamped over - so subtle and effective!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three gorgeous cards, Greta. I especially love the first one because the stamp is super! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards, Greta! Gorgeous color and design! I’m drawn to the aqua colored cards... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All three cards are gorgeous, Greta, and especially like your smooshed with silver ink one. Great CAWU card using diamonds and Zigs! I’m going to try that concept, too, when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really beautifully stamped floral card Greta, the others are beautiful as well. Many thanks for joining in with our May challenge at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeus creations Greta!! Beautiful colours and sparkle. I haven't been able to play for ages... Other than club work...sigh Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  25. What BEAUTIFUL cards Greta!!! I LOVE the first one with the cherry blossom design and the colors on all of them are awesome!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adore the flowering branch with the subtle musical background! Your stenciled card also looks fabulous and the partly colored diamonds are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Greta
    Fabulous card... love the script background... stunning card...
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Greta, I really can't say which one I love more! They are all so beautiful and unique! I love the simplicity of the first card, and I adore the stencil work on your second and the selective coloring on your third is so, so lovely! Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very beautiful is the first card. So pretty soft detail on the background.
    Also your other cards looks very nice.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Three inspiration cards Greta. I especially love the cherry blossom one and the others are fabulous too. The teal and grey one appeals because of the MM and the third one, because of the clean graphic lines. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.