Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Leaves for an Anniversary Card

I missed the last W&W Rerun challenge & I was determined to get an entry made in time for Rerun No 30.  I'm always drawn to leaf images, but I don't have Framed with Evelyn T Designs.  Lots of inspiration from the DT & Kate's card really caught my eye.  I used 2 leaf images from In Bloom: Frenchy's Festive Florals with VersaMagic Oasis Green & Sage--love them together! 
I made smaller gold clusters with Delicata Golden Glitz.  Funny thing--the tiny dot went flying as I wiped it clean & I couldn't find it anywhere.  Decided not to panic as I have several stamp sets that include a variety of dots.  Would you believe, the next morning there it was on the floor next to my chair!  I stamped the little word (old Flourishes set) in Oasis Green & heat embossed on a vellum strip.  It was attached to the panel which I'd die cut with Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangle.  W&W Happy die cut was stacked 3 high & the top one was sponged with the Golden Glitz.  I left off any embellishments as I didn't want it to be at all girly for the couple we sent it to.  Gotta say--I thoroughly enjoyed making this card & may case myself!  Roses are in full bloom, so gotta do some work outside today.  Love the flowers, but not the upkeep--haha!  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with Dies, SSS Wednesday & Stamping Sensations.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
w&w_rerun_logoPlease grab our logo

25 comments:

  1. Greta, this card is GORGEOUS!!!! Oh that color combo! And the beautiful mix of outline and colored leaves...and the gold dots! So glad you found the stamp :) Beautiful, beautiful card, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greta
    Stunning card....lovely design ...like the Happy Die to ...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamped background! Great design with all the florals...so pretty! It makes for the perfect anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful stamped background you made (i am so bad at that!) - and the green and gold is so pretty together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow... this is just so pretty, greta! the background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so very gorgeous. I love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card Greta. I too am drawn to leaves...they are so full of life and exude calmness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Greta such a pretty happy card,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy indeed Greta, love the way the sentiment sits against the leafy stamped background. Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations ‘Close to Nature’ theme.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Greta. The die cut looks great against the leafy background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card Greta, love the stamped leaves, I need to do a card like this, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card Greta and with lovely colours, glad you found your dot! I lost a small die today, then turned my chair around a while later and there it was, seems I didn't look that hard LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet anniversary card...love all your wonderful leaves. Lot your dot stamp story, I too have done the same thing! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you eventually found the dot stamp. Love how you stamped this wonderful card and the colour combination is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This would make anyone's day happy! I like the colors and all of those little leaves in the background. Fabulous card Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely clean card with a spring like feel Greta! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so lovely Greta!! I love the leaves and the crisp clean finish. Thank you so much for my beautiful card!! Lovely surprise from you my friend... Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you made your background and those colors are beautiful together. The touch of gold on the Happy pulls it altogether. Those clear stamps stick to everything on my desk and I have found them in strange places before. I once found a small one stuck to the button on my shirt when I took it off!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The background you created looks wonderful with the vellum strip and golden die cut! So glad you found the dot and admire you for not panicking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Pretty! I LOVE how the (Happy) word POPS on top of the leaves!!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Greta. Botanical themes are always in fashion for me. The bold word works brilliantly with your theme. Had to smile about your tiny dot going rouge and leaving the scene of the action. I have the same problem with small elements.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW this is is beautiful ! I love the colours and design, it looks very natural...not sure if that makes sense lol but a truly beautiful card. I hope you had a nice weekend my lovely.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. it is a fun card, I would CASE myself also
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous and simply delightful Greta. Thanks for joining us at HLS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.