Sunday, April 22, 2018

Two Cards for PTI

For some reason, I'm always inspired by the PTI challenges.  I always learn something & most of the time end up with a card I'm happy with.  Lexi's MIM Graffiti Word Art cards are just great, but I must admit to being skeptical that I could come up with anything.  Hate to miss a challenge, so sat down to try with Wonderful Words: Hello stamps & die.  The inks are Melon Berry & Aqua Mist. 
I needed to use a heavier hand with my stencilling on the top of the the word, but I think it's OK anyway.  I didn't want to copy Lexi, so used other images from Watercolor Wonder for my background & stamped them in Classic Kraft.  May not be quite right for the genre, but I love the look of adding Nuvo Glaze to the top layer of the word.  The splatters of Melon Berry finished it off.  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with Dies, SSS Wednesday (shine from Nuvo Glaze) & Stamplorations Theme.
Papertrey Ink Blog
Next is my entry for PTI Transformation Tuesday--a new challenge I'm really enjoying.  This time I chose a card from 2013 that I knew would never be sent as I just wasn't happy with it. 
Old Card From 2013
I'm thinking it was supposed to be for a guy, but this time I wanted to use Rosie Posie for a feminine card.  This is my second card using the color combo of Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet & Sweet Blush, which I really love. 
New Card 2018
I stamped the bloom (original & step 2 Rosie Posie) on a panel of Soft Stone & used my newest PTI frame dies--Double Ups: Rectangles Dies cut from white.  The text strip is Background Basics: Text Style.  Nuvo Glitter Drops embellish the flower center & I decided not to add a sentiment.  I'm also entering Through the Craft Room Door & SSS Wednesday.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
Papertrey Ink BlogGRAB OUR BADGE

28 comments:

  1. Your graffiti card is perfect. I also like your transformation card. I totally agree with you that the PTI challenges are inspiring. Hope you are going to do the blog hop card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are wonderful, Greta - love the simplicity of the first one and the makeover in those colors is so much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your graffiti card - the classic kraft and melon berry are perfect, as is the word itself! thanks for playing make it monday! your transformation tuesday is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the flower cards especially the sunflower with the little tag, must remember that as it finished it off so neatly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inked up hello word is so pretty with the green and peach color and your other cards are so lovely with the flower design.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your graffiti card is perfect. Lovely Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous take on the MIM technique, greta!! and I love your remake of the second card! the first one has a lovely warm, rustic feel, but I love the clean crisp design of the remake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, Greta, I love the clean and fresh design of your remake card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card designs. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Greta you have been busy love all your cards all very beautiful,lovely finishes my friend ,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all wonderful Greta! Your MIM card is kind of CAS. Your 2013 card has wonderful warmth and texture, but the new version is fresh and clean. I haven't had much crafty time lately, I miss playing along at PTI!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, Greta! Just love the colors you used on the hello and the posy looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always know where to come hunting, when I lose Mr Mojo - he's usually bobbing around on your blog some where! Lovely work Greta. Love the transformation of the 2013 card to the fresh, crisp look for today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that artsy hello card and your remake is stunning Greta! Glad you are enjoying some summer sun... It's left us for now - I hope it comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the graffiti word card, artsy and fabulous. What a wonderful transformation with the second card, so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the colors you used for the first card and I can't imagine why you didn't sent the second card. It is delightful. The last card is really great too and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both wonderful projects, love the colours you chose.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are well done, Greta! I especially like your Rosie Posie redo with the clear Nuvo drops in the center and the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with CAS AND focussing on the sentiment, Greta. I'm so glad you played with us at STAMPlorations this month. And your transformation is phenomenal. The new card is modern and lovely at the same time. Perfectly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed your post, Greta, and love both your creations! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your word art card came out great and your transformed card looks modern and fresh but why wouldn't you sent the other card you made? I am sure you could find somebody would be happy to receive it... It is pretty in it's own way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely trio of cards, Greta! Each one very unique and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty Greta. Two beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both are so very pretty, I am a sucker for splatter so adore the first one, and the colours on the second are just beautiful.
    I hope you are well my lovely. Sending lots of love and hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card, I wish I have more time making and enter challenges like the old days! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful cards Greta; your graffiti card has a great color palette. I actually love that 2013 card, it has a vintage feel that is lovely. Your remake is modern and sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving your graffiti card and all the yummy white space. You've truly made the sentiment the focus. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards Great...Love the first one so much.. You have used beautiful dies in second one..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.