Sunday, June 14, 2015

Friendship

It's fun to get away, but I'm always happy to be home.  Don't think I could be a full-time RVer. For some reason my laptop won't connect to the Wi-Fi where we camp, even though my phone has no trouble. I'm so glad to be back to a computer--a smart phone is just not the same!  Laundry isn't done & I work tomorrow, but that didn't keep me from taking time to make a card for PTI MIM & SSS Wednesday.  I did manage to watch the MIM video on my phone & planned what I wanted to do as we drove home. One of my favorite things about cardmaking is the wonderful circle of friends it's brought me.  This card is heading to one of them & I don't care that the bow adds a bit of postage--LOL!  I really loved Dawn's use of neutrals & knew immediately I wanted to use my neglected PTI Background Basics: Medallions.  The first image was stamped in Encore Ultimate Metallic Champagne (one of my all time favs) & the second in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate.  The same inks were used for the leaves from Rosie Posie.  I tried about 6 color combos for the roses & ended up using PTI Scarlet Jewel stamped off once for the first step & the same ink full strength for the second step.  I used the same ink for the sentiment from PTI Lovely Leaves. The background piece is cut with SSS curved edge die. Took forever trying to arrange the flowers, popping up the large one, & still not sure I got it right.  I do really love the colors together--may try something else with them. I'll be catching up with you soon.  Thanks so much for all your support.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card my Friend!
    Hugs from Chi-Town~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bow is perfect, the roses are gorgeous and they look great against the patterned paper. It is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful card. Just love the background and the roses are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so pretty and I the bow is perfect!! I love the colours Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, the rose is stunning and so is your bow! Cheers, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, it's always great to be back home!! Bet Fritz agrees too ;) This is a beautiful card Greta. Your stamping is fantastic and what a pretty bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed your trip. The card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful take on the MIM challenge, greta!! sounds like you had a lovely trip to the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love the Metallic Champagne ink. I'm glad you have your priorities straight, cards, then laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and love the mix of the bg medallions and the roses, Greta! I am sure your friend will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your friend will love this card. The background is wonderful and the rose cluster sits nicely above it. And that curved edge....swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it funny how addicted we are to the computer and phone! Since I'm on the phone a lot for my job it doesn't bother me to not have it lol! Beautiful card, the background and flower....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a fun RV trip! It's always good to get back home! Your card is gorgeous with lovely background, flower, and pretty bow! Have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neat! The background is lovely, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this beautiful card and I love that you keep your priorities in the correct order too...stamping/crafting before laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun it is to go on an RV camping trip?! We did that with my Father-in-law & Mother-in-law 2 summer ago & it was quite fun! P.S. Your card is gorgeous with such a lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous rose and I love your background, Greta! Love your beautiful bow, too...WOW!
    Oh, I meant to tell you...Such a great quote on your blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, this is so beautiful, love the great design

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Greta :-) the flowers and background are so pretty! the whole design is beautiful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my this is so gorgeous and so very elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those flowers are so nice! The colors on them and how you stamped and arranged them. This is an awesome and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello Greta! gorgoeus, wow...luv the design! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card - I love the roses and pretty paper. And that bow is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta, what a beautiful card!
    Love the design & sweet quote.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm with you: traveling is fun, but only up to a point. I like being in my 'comfy' zone! Your card: utterly, totally and completely gorgeous! The stamped background paper is the perfect canvas for the absolutely stunning roses. Your friend will LOVE this, as do I!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am definitely a homebody! And a little addicted to my internets :) This card is gorgeous, and I am in love with that beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.