Saturday, March 9, 2013

Some Bunny Loves You



I have a bunny collection ranging from garden statues to wind socks to music boxes.  When I saw this week's word at Casology was bunny, I had to play along!  I used the sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch!, so am entering that challenge for the first time.  I used an old stamp from Embossing Arts--a local company where I taught some classes & made sample cards before they went out of business. Recently I've seen such cute paper pieced critters on cards, so pulled out my Echo Park Dots & Stripes paper pad that was in a door prize I won.  The sentiment is another old stamp & is from Imaginations!--I think they're out of business, too.  I fussy cut the base image & then stamped again on the printed papers for the bunny, leaf & rose.  I had a cotton ball for applying chalks on my table, so gave me the idea to use bits of it for the tail.  Decided I needed some sparkle, so added Stickles to the cotton & then popped up the image above the sentiment.  I popped up the panel to the card front after adding the border punched strip & the twine. I don't make many "cute" cards, but this was fun & I'm thinking I need some more bunny cards for Easter!  I also seem to be getting the hang of CAS cards--maybe I've found my style!  Thanks so much for taking time to visit my blog.  I really appreciate hearing from you.

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful CAS card! Love the punched border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta,
    Well I think you may have found your genre too if this card is anything to go by....great palette, wait till Rosie views it, she will absolutely love this, as you have all that white space that she loves and which I like to fill up!!!!. It is a gorgeous card, well done.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a beautiful CAS card Greta. Love the colour scheme you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute bunny!! And, this is definitely a stellar CAS card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta - what a delightful card, and a perfect fit for both challenges! That bunny is pure sweetness, and his striped egg matching the border piece is eye-catching! I love EP paper, and hopefully, with a trip to the 'big city' on today's agenda, I'll be able to find some (even though the 'city' offers limited card-making supply places). Bunny stamp also on the list...
    Thank you for sharing your "hopping down the bunny trail" card. You've definitely brightened my day (and sparked a craving for a chocolate Easter egg - the little foil-wrapped ones!. Added to list, too...). Have a super day, Greta! Much thanks for your comment on my Trio of Thank You cards - made me smile!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Love the bunny withthe polka dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, you certainly have made a wonderfully CAS card for these challenges! I love the sweet patterned papers and the fluffy tail...great color combinations, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh....lots of white space and a simple focal...perfect clean and simple card! So glad you joined the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet - I love the colours and the patterns on the DP you've chosen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, greta!! this is absolutely amazing, my friend!! i think you may have found your style! so glad you played along with us this week at CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card Greta, love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute paper pieced bunny Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, you are on a roll!! Congrats on your Honorable Mention at CASology for this fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning, Greta - Yayyyy, your adorable bunny card's received a top choice selection! Congrats on an 'applause' well-deserved! Seeing this news has brightened my day; I can only imagine how much sparkle has been added to yours!
    Thank you, too, for your comments on my Smiles and more Smiles post. One of these days I'll get CAS figured out better - and your cards are wonderful 'teaching tools.' Have an excellent day! Oh yes, before I go - your TH tags are stunning!!
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Greta, on your HM at CASology with this cute, cottontail bunny! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous - congrats on your HM at CASology. Great card!!!! I am still putzing around with the Easter card I am supposed to send you - can't come up with anything I like - perhaps tonight I'll have some splendid idea - I am hoping for that......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your "Honorable Mention" at CASology! This card is so sweet, and the little furry tail is darling, Greta...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your HM is well deserved, Greta - this CAS card is fab. Love the colours and fun sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.