I always loved the PTI Challenges and Blog Hops where customers could enter their cards. So I was thrilled to see the August challenge. Luckily, I have Pure Poppy, Tropical Teal and Green Parakeet ink cubes. I used them with PTI Wild Blooms layering stencil set.
As you can see, I gold embossed the flower details. Hard to tell, but the Pure Poppy flower centers were embossed with clear sparkle powder. Since Green Parakeet isn't very dark, I used Tropical Teal for the leaf details. It worked great! Love how the panel turned out, so I just die cut it with Scallop Stackers: Small and used Pure Poppy for the mat. I added very small gold splatters and soft gold sequins. The die cut PTI Scripted sentiment was stacked and gold embossed. I've started keeping my favorite makes on display until I mail them. Makes me happy each time I walk by. I'm also entering JUGS and WAW.
I wasn't planning to make a Christmas card for Color Hues Navy and Teal challenge, but that's what I ended up with. The Spellbinders Joy die didn't even get used last year and I really love it.
I tried to follow the directions for how to set your phone camera so it captures the color teal and doesn't turn it more blue. No luck, but I wanted to enter the card anyway. The cardstocks are really a navy blue and a teal about the same intensity. I attached the diecut to a silver oval. Stickles Glitter Glue that's a very close match to the teal cardstock was added to the flower centers and clear glaze was added to the holly leaves.
I saved the teal glitter tape letters from the snowflake card in my previous post. Glad to use them quickly. I've sure gotten my money's worth from Altenew's Essential Sentiment Strips. My camera captured this shade of teal without a problem.
I attached the glitter tape to printer paper and then die cut SSS Stitching Butterflies. I used a scrap of black cardstock for the bodies and lightly bent the wings forward. Hadn't used the Altenew Flower Bed embossing folder for awhile and it was just the look I wanted for this card. I'm entering DCD, SSS Monday and SSS Wednesday.




Three more beautiful cards, Greta! Love the stenciling with gold accents on card one, the dramatic Joy in navy & teal for card two and the beautiful mint butterflies on white for card three!! So glad you shared again at Die Cut Divas!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great line-up of cards, Greta! Love your pretty red poppies, that card looks like summer! So happy to spot it in our JUGs gallery. Thanks for playing along!
ReplyDelete