Had to put on my thinking cap to make a card for Poppystamps Let's Go! Travel! August challenge. I'd love to be traveling this Fall for a family Thanksgiving at a big house in the country or to a cardmaking retreat with friends.
The house is from Poppystamps Layered House Globe die set and the trees are Shasta Twigs dies. The sentiment from PTI Scripted was stacked and embossed with clear matte powder. I used a bunch of distress oxides for the background and colored all the white diecuts with Altenew inks. A fine point black pen was used to draw the birds. I'm also entering WAW.
Our small town has the most beautiful hanging baskets and they inspired this card for SSS Flickr's Bright and Colorful challenge. I picked Altenew inks in colors very close to those in the baskets: Razzleberry, Pinkalicious, Pink Diamond and Hydrangea.Most of what was left of an old light green shimmery cardstock sheet was embossed with SSS Cherry blossom 3D folder. It's my nod to the green leaves. A scrap was used for the sentiment from Altenew's Timeless Sentiments 2 and I covered it with clear glaze. To represent the white flowers in the baskets, I colored the flower centers with a white paint pen and used white cardstock for the sentiment background. I'm also entering Snippets Playground where I've been absent quite awhile.
The card for the Pinkfresh Monthly Challenge was made with their lovely Modern Layered Florals stamp set.I find layering stamp sets quite challenging, but my first attempt lined up almost perfectly. Then I grabbed the wrong ink cube to darken the leaves and didn't catch it before I stamped. It turned out to be a good thing, because I changed the colors and like the look much better. The altenew inks are Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue, Firefly and Green Field. The sentiment is from the same set. I added blue and green splatters and blue sequins to the panel die cut with PFS Elongated Oval: Blanket Stitch. I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
I heard an older song for the first time and wow! Lori McKenna wrote it for her children. What if these words defined us? Our country would be so different. This is just the chorus:
Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind.
When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.




What lovely cards Greta. I love the idea of an autumnal break in a lovely country house. What a happy daydream. I am glad the little mistake on the third card proved beneficial for you. The finished look is great. Love that poem too. Thanks for sharing xx
ReplyDeleteThree wonderful cards, Greta. We've got a drought here too. A hosepipe ban begins tomorrow, so it looks like I'll be watering all the flowers in my garden pots with a watering can. At least the temperatures are a bit mor bearable this week.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
A trio of marvelous makes, Greta! Your little house looks so sweet and inviting, love the pretty blooms on the lime green background and your floral card is so pretty. We're having an incredibly mild August. High 70s low 80s; not the 90's we're used to, but I'll take it!
ReplyDeleteLove all three cards you're showing here Greta. Thanks for entering the pretty embossed floral card into the Snippets Playground. See you at the Playground paddling pool! xxx
ReplyDeleteThree stunning cards Greta. Each so special.
ReplyDeleteHow very different these three are Greta, the first would also be perfect for housewarming, the second just so bright and welcoming and but this visit it the colours and design of the third that is my fav.
ReplyDeleteB x
I like the idea you had for the travel card. I wish you could travel here and that I could share our rain with you. A cute flower card in the middle. I love the blue card. You lined it up beautifully and the colors are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful scene you created Greta! Thanks SO MUCH for joining Poppy Stamps Challenge!
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful cards Greta! I really like the fall "vibes" from the Giving Thanks card! It looks like a cool day with the dormant grass, bare trees and that blue sky...reminds me of Thanksgiving in Colorado. You took paper and created a sentimental feeling! Thank you for playing along with our Let's Go! Travel challenge at Poppy Stamps!
ReplyDeleteHello Greta - how lovely to see you back in the Snippets Playground with us! All your cards are delightful - especially the snippets one, I sure would love to see your town's hanging baskets! Such pretty colours. We need an email cath-up when I have enough time and energy.
ReplyDeleteHope you and Steve are well - AND of course sweet Fritz! x
Hugs
Di xx And a woof from Dudley Dog!! x
Hello, my sweet and creative friend! This is such a sweet card. I love that darling little house and your overall design. It's lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Poppystamps August Challenge. I'm so grateful to have you play along. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThis time, the second card is the one that thrills me the most. The idea is so simple, yet so effective and beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThree fabulous cards, Greta - love your house with the inky background, your delightful embossed flower card and the layered stamped bouquet!!
ReplyDeleteDarling house against the beautiful blue background! Wonderful pretty flower card with the embossed background! And, the last card is so pretty! Love the different shade of blue and the addition of the pretty sequins! All lovely cards, Greta!!
ReplyDelete3 pretty cards. Great stenciling on that 3rd one!
ReplyDeleteGreta, Your house card is a great idea for the challenge. The blooms on your green card simply POP. My favorite is the third, lovely card in blues. Its a spectacular shade.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are beautiful Greta! I love the serenity of the first and the gorgeous florals on the second !
ReplyDelete