Monday, August 17, 2026

My Three Latest Cards

We've had some nice weather with lower temps and good air quality.  If only some of the rain causing flooding in other states could be directed where drought is the problem, like here.  Hope you're staying safe.
Had to put on my thinking cap to make a card for Poppystamps Let's Go!  Travel! August challenge.  I'd love to be traveling this Fall for a family Thanksgiving at a big house in the country or to a cardmaking retreat with friends.  
The house is from Poppystamps Layered House Globe die set and the trees are Shasta Twigs dies.  The sentiment from PTI Scripted was stacked and embossed with clear matte powder.  I used a bunch of distress oxides for the background and colored all the white diecuts with Altenew inks.  A fine point black pen was used to draw the birds.  I'm also entering WAW.
Our small town has the most beautiful hanging baskets and they inspired this card for SSS Flickr's Bright and Colorful challenge.  I picked Altenew inks in colors very close to those in the baskets:  Razzleberry, Pinkalicious, Pink Diamond and Hydrangea.
Most of what was left of an old light green shimmery cardstock sheet was embossed with SSS Cherry blossom 3D folder.  It's my nod to the green leaves.  A scrap was used for the sentiment from Altenew's Timeless Sentiments 2 and I covered it with clear glaze.  To represent the white flowers in the baskets, I colored the flower centers with a white paint pen and used white cardstock for the sentiment background.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground where I've been absent quite awhile.
The card for the Pinkfresh Monthly Challenge was made with their lovely Modern Layered Florals stamp set.
I find layering stamp sets quite challenging, but my first attempt lined up almost perfectly.  Then I grabbed the wrong ink cube to darken the leaves and didn't catch it before I stamped.  It turned out to be a good thing, because I changed the colors and like the look much better.  The altenew inks are Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue, Firefly and Green Field.  The sentiment is from the same set.  I added blue and green splatters and blue sequins to the panel die cut with PFS Elongated Oval: Blanket Stitch.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
I heard an older song for the first time and wow!  Lori McKenna wrote it for her children.  What if these words defined us?  Our country would be so different.  This is just the chorus:

Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind.
When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.