First is the card I sent to Julia for the CCC July exchange. I used the beautiful color combo of kraft, pink and gold.SSS Leaf Tumble embossing folder was used with gold metallic cardstock. It really gives a beautiful result and I've never had issues with cracking. The flowers are a set from Pigment Craft Co that I've hardly used. I stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Brown and added gold Stickles to the centers. You can see the beautiful sparkle in my IG post. The sentiment is from Alex Syberia and I can't remember which branches I used. The tiny pink butterfly is Poppystamps.
Next is a winter birthday card using 2 Waffle Flower dies for the first time: Frosty Texture and Small Snowflake.
I inked the snowflake with Altenew Volcano Lake which is a close match to the beautiful teal glitter tape I've had for years. I attached the tape to cardstock and then die cut the dots and Altenew Essential Sentiment Strip Happy Birthday. I usually think of navy blue for snowflakes, but really like the soft, pretty look of the teal. These products will be great for Christmas cards, but I enjoyed making a birthday card first. I'm entering SSS Monday via IG, SSS Wednesday, NBUS and DCD.
Here's the last card I made for Christmas in July. Didn't get nearly enough done, so I'm also planning to do Christmas in August.😀 Actually, I usually make Christmas cards every month, as they're my favorites. This one uses the wonderful CN9 Boughs and Holly stencil pack. The inks are Altenew Firefly, Grass Field, Cherry Sweet and Coral Red. I inked the branches from a CN9 die set to match and added red and green splatters. Waffle Flower Cardinal Duo diecut was colored using the matching stencil with Altenew Rhodolite, Cherry Sweet, Coral Red, black and PTI Honey Nut and Weathervane. I used a glue pen to add touches of fine glitter to the bird, berries and branches. You can see the sparkle in my IG post. Birch Press Vintage Sentiment letters were stacked 2 high and inked with Cherry Sweet before being glued in place on the vellum shadow.




Gorgeous trio of cards Greta. Each is so special in it's own way. The gold embossed background is so pretty on the first card. And the gorgeous snowflakes on the second is perfect for our Die Cut Divas' challenge. - Thanks for joining us! And I just adore the last one. The cardinal is perfect!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely cards and all so different. The CCC card has such a soft and serene feel to it, and I love your snowflake card so much! Your Christmas birdie is beautiful - loving the bright reds.
ReplyDeletePrettiness times three, Greta! Love the shimmery gold on your first, the birthday snowflakes on the second and the pretty wreath on the last one. So sorry your were under the weather. That's no fun especially in the summer!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards Greta. I am so sorry to hear you have been sick and struggling with poor air quality from fires. They are such a worry. We had a really devastating fire near us last week. It isn't completely out yet, but it is under control xx
ReplyDeleteI hope the air quality gets much better for you from the wildfires. And, sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling much better now. Your cards are lovely as always! So pretty in gold with touch of pink for your first card! The second card I saw on IG. It's beautiful with all the snowflakes and glittery sentiment! And, last card is gorgeous! I love the wreath and cardinal! I love the snow globe in your photo, too!
ReplyDelete