Saturday, July 25, 2026

Altenew and Waffle Flower

Pinks, green and metallics are in the photo for the July Altenew Monthly Challenge.  I've been wanting to use Altenew's Plants & Vases stamp/die set again and I love metallic vases.  
Decided to use the light pink for my background.  I cut a panel of Bristol paper and ink blended Altenew Rose Quartz in the center.  It's hard to see in the photo, but is very obvious in person.  The vases were embossed with a mix of Gold and Moonstone powders to look more like those in the photo.  I used CN9 Sweet Pea and Altenew Firefly and Grass Field to stamp the branches.  The sentiment from the set was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn.  Decided on a strip embossed with Altenew Angled Mosaic folder to ground the vases.  I didn't want it stark white, so I lightly brushed the raised areas with Distress Oxide Antique Linen.  I did the same for the sentiment to make it match.  The thin mat was embossed with the same powders.  The background looked too plain, so I added Antique Linen splatters.  Made a big difference in person.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
My niece just got a new job, so wanted to surprise her with a card.  I was also debating about what to make for Color Hues Black and Red Challenge.  Since my niece likes red, her card works for the challenge.
I finally got some Waffle Flower Postage Collage products after Christmas and the only card I've made was a Valentine using the Rose stencil.  Now I've also used the Wild Flower Silhouettes stamp set and I love it!  I first die cut the panel from Bristol paper.  Luckily, a piece with a goof on one side was just the right size.  With the stencil in place, I blended Altenew Cherry Sweet and Coral Red--2 of my new red inks.  It did take me quite awhile to decide which images to stamp in which openings, but finally I had stamps in place in my MISTI.  Then came the scary part--stamping in Versafine Clair Nocturne!  I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the images stamped great--right up to the edge of the stencil.  I removed the stamps and added others to fill in where I thought it was needed.  The tiny butterflies and dragonfly were stamped after I removed the stencil to allow some of them to stamp outside the openings.  Really happy with how it turned out and decided to leave it alone--no splatters or glitter.  PFS Perfect Sentiments Congrats! was the perfect size and I love the font.  Hard to see, but I added one tiny Poppystamps butterfly with a red gem just above the letter C.  I'm also entering JUGS Stencil Week and WAW
Thanks so much for stopping by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.