Decided to use the light pink for my background. I cut a panel of Bristol paper and ink blended Altenew Rose Quartz in the center. It's hard to see in the photo, but is very obvious in person. The vases were embossed with a mix of Gold and Moonstone powders to look more like those in the photo. I used CN9 Sweet Pea and Altenew Firefly and Grass Field to stamp the branches. The sentiment from the set was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn. Decided on a strip embossed with Altenew Angled Mosaic folder to ground the vases. I didn't want it stark white, so I lightly brushed the raised areas with Distress Oxide Antique Linen. I did the same for the sentiment to make it match. The thin mat was embossed with the same powders. The background looked too plain, so I added Antique Linen splatters. Made a big difference in person. I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.Thanks so much for stopping by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.
My niece just got a new job, so wanted to surprise her with a card. I was also debating about what to make for Color Hues Black and Red Challenge. Since my niece likes red, her card works for the challenge.I finally got some Waffle Flower Postage Collage products after Christmas and the only card I've made was a Valentine using the Rose stencil. Now I've also used the Wild Flower Silhouettes stamp set and I love it! I first die cut the panel from Bristol paper. Luckily, a piece with a goof on one side was just the right size. With the stencil in place, I blended Altenew Cherry Sweet and Coral Red--2 of my new red inks. It did take me quite awhile to decide which images to stamp in which openings, but finally I had stamps in place in my MISTI. Then came the scary part--stamping in Versafine Clair Nocturne! I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the images stamped great--right up to the edge of the stencil. I removed the stamps and added others to fill in where I thought it was needed. The tiny butterflies and dragonfly were stamped after I removed the stencil to allow some of them to stamp outside the openings. Really happy with how it turned out and decided to leave it alone--no splatters or glitter. PFS Perfect Sentiments Congrats! was the perfect size and I love the font. Hard to see, but I added one tiny Poppystamps butterfly with a red gem just above the letter C. I'm also entering JUGS Stencil Week, WAW and Time Out.



Two super cards, Greta. I love the pretty and feminine design of your first card and your second card is so striking in red and black.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Both your cards are beautiful, Greta. I love metallic vases too. Hugs, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI love your red & black card Greta! Silhouettes and postage themed cards go together so well and your ink blending with the reds is FABULOUS! You have definitely made our challenge colors SHINE with this gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us here at the Color Hues Challenge!! Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeleteThese are both gorgeous cards, Greta! I saw the red and black challenge and thought that that was really tough. You did a great job with it. Thanks so much for joining us also over at Word Art Wednesday. We always appreciate having you play along!
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards Greta. Love the soft colours and the gorgeous vases on your first card. And the striking red and black on your second one is incredible.
ReplyDeleteCatching up with posts Blogger decided to hide, as always lovely creations, the second lovely intense colour.
ReplyDeleteB x
The ink blending is amazing, Greta! And the silhouettes are so sharp and clean. What a wonderful card to add to our gallery at Color Hues! Thanks for sharing it with us!
ReplyDeleteLove the texture on your vases on card one, Greta & the red/black postage collage looks amazing!!
ReplyDeleteYour fancy gold vases look so pretty with that wonderful soft pink background! Pretty card, Greta. Another pretty one for your niece too, bet she loved it. Congrats to her on the new job! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteEspecially love your take on the color hues challenge card! ❤️🖤
ReplyDeleteThe card with the vases looks really elegant. I like dies like that; they are very versatile.
ReplyDeleteYour second card looks like a summer meadow in the evening light—beautiful.
Thank you for your high praise of my watercolor drawings. If you give me your address, I’d be happy to send you the picture with the cornflowers. In the meantime, you can start looking out for a suitable frame. :-)
You can find my email address in my legal notice.
DeleteTwo great cards, Greta! Your vases are so pretty and I love the patterns. Your card for your Niece is so beautiful. You did such a great job blending as you can really see the difference from light to dark. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and showing these colors are so versatile.
ReplyDeleteWhat brilliant cards. I love the boldness of the black and red and those vases on the first card. Just great xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous cards Greta, I am especially taken with your collage card.
ReplyDeleteGreta, your bold colors and perfect stenciling resulted in such an eye-catching card! Thanks for sharing this beauty at Just Us Girls for our stencil week!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd at Tiime Out as well!
DeleteAwesome use of the postage die and stenciled images! Thanks for sharing at JUGS
ReplyDeleteTwo amazing cards, Greta! I do love those gold vases! A great take on the challenge! Your second card is very pretty! Beautiful color and that postage die is wonderful, right?! I’m working on a birthday and anniversary card with it right now. It’s so easy to design with, love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the texture and softness on the first card. The color hues card is superb. That's a perfect set for this color combo. Great cards.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely pair of cards, Greta! I particularly love the dramatic colour scheme on the second card which is incredibly striking.
ReplyDeleteHope you are well,
Hugs,
Carol x
Both cards are so pretty, Greta, but I'm really swooning over the postage collage design for the CH challenge! It came out beautifully with the pretty reds and silhouette images. I'm sure your niece loved this art piece arriving in the mail. Thanks so much for joining us this time at Color Hues!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are fantastic, TFS Greta!
ReplyDeleteYour cards are always just so good, Greta! Jo x
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards Greta - both wonderful celebrations of Mother Nature! Your red and black is really stunning! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Time Out Challenges!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Kate!
The metallic vases on your first card are just wow. I am loving the silhouette card for your niece. Looking forward to seeing what else you can do with the postal collage. Hope you have a good day!
ReplyDeletecindys-greencricut