Sunday, October 29, 2023

My Monthly Blog Post

Boy have I gotten lazy--haha!  Didn't even realize it's been over a month since I posted here.  I have been making cards & they're on IG.  My shoulder no longer interferes with cardmaking or doing my hair--yay!  My home exercises & therapy sessions do take up a fair amount of time.  Hopefully it will be worth my efforts.  Strength & range of motion have a long way to go, but pain is not an issue.
I had fun making a Halloween card with Poppystamps Whittle Flamingo.  They're trick or treating in orange & purple costumes--haha! 
I've had the DCWV foil paper pad a long time.  The shine is really pretty in person.  
Memory Box Parker Lowercase Alphabet letters were die cut from MB black glossy cardstock & stacked 2 high.  Good to use some more of my old Echo Park Halloween paper pad.  I'm entering Poppystamps Get Your Boo On challenge.
Next is my entry for Pinkfresh October Ombre or Tone on Tone challenge.  I stamped on kraft to make the card have more of a Fall feel to it & stamped in multiple green Distress Oxides.  
It looks much prettier in person than in the pictures.  One of my favorite uses of the MISTI is to use multiple colors one at a time on an image like the PFS Delicate Wreath.  
I added brown splatters, stamped the sentiment from the same set in Versafine Clair Pinecone & added a mix of green sequins.  I'll use this as a Thanksgiving card for a friend.
So fun to pull out Hero Arts 2005 solid & outline Watercolor Holly stamps.  Good thing I kept my old stamp positioner tool for woodblock stamps.  The inks are CN9 Clover, Evergreen, Poppy & Cranberry.  I tried to leave the white space, but splatters won out--haha! 
The very old PrintWorks sentiment was stamped in Evergreen.  Card could have been done, but decided it'd be fun to add The Stamp Market Holly & Berries.
Luckily, I had red & green cardstock in my stash that matched the inks.  Love Christmas Red Stickles which I added to the berries.  I'm entering ABNH, Rudolph Days & Woodblock Wednesday.  
My final card is for Die Cut Divas & Memory Box.  I got MB Layered Narrow Pines too late to use for last years cards.  I die cut the full tree in DCWV green foil cardstock & the top layer in light green glitter tape I've had forever.  
I wasn't sure about using foil & glitter together like this, but oh boy do I love it!  Hard to tell, but the trees are attached to a MB woodgrain panel.  
I carefully used my MISTI & was able to stamp the old HA sentiment in Versafine Clair Pinecone, even with the cardstock texture.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  My goal is to begin again visiting blogs & leaving comments starting in November.  


12 comments:

  1. Great quartet of cards, Greta! Just love the layered trees (thanks for sharing with the Divas!) , your gorgeous holly & wreath! Those trick-or-treating flamingos are a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Greta. I must make sure I check IG and your cards. glad your shoulder has come right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real bumper post Greta, all lovely but those Halloween Flamingo's really steal the show for me, love them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a wonderful collection of cards in this post, and I just love those colorful flamingos on the Halloween card. So glad to hear your shoulder has made such good progress and the pain is gone. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great collection, Greta, and I've enjoyed seeing most of them on IG! . So glad to hear you are no longer in pain. I do believe in PT and hope the strength returns more quickly than you expect! My problem with posting has been the reverse--I get cards up on my blog and now have a few to add to IG. I've been out of the house this weekend for nearly the whole three days. Hoping to get caught up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No pain are wonderful words to hear after surgery. I'm so glad you are doing so well. This group of cards is wonderful. Those trees are awesome and just shine and sparkle. Wait till Santa sees these! The flamingo's are a hoot in their Halloween costumes. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your holly card with the inserted sentiment band looks fab. The tree card is beautiful! You have been busy making some great cards!

    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Greta. Love the shine and sparkle on those trees xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta your flamingos took me completely by surprise! I saw some skeleton flamingo yard decorations that caught my attention and I think you are so clever for putting your flamingos in costumes. You really made me look twice and that says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you're now card making with no issues! These are all terrific, Greta! My favorite is the flamingo card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY I'm so happy that you're doing better! I love all your projects but especially the one for Woodblock Wednesday. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of cards. Loving the sparkle and shine of the card with the trees. The use of foil and glitter together makes the card feel very festive. The sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.