Sunday, September 24, 2023

Update and two cards

I'm happy to report that I'm no longer in the sling & have begun physical therapy twice a week.  It's wonderful to be able to use my left hand, although I'm not allowed to have anything in my hand when it's above shoulder level.  Long way to go before I have the strength & range of motion I need. 
The September Poppystamps challenge theme is Old School.  I went OLD old school!  
Years ago I loved to use Liquid Applique instead of ink with leaf stamps.  This time I used what was left in my tubes to color the 2016 Poppystamps Majestic Maple diecut.  The texture is very unique when you carefully use your heat gun.
Then I sprayed the leaf with adhesive & used my old Tim Holtz Glitter Duster filled with Distress Glitter Dust Vintage Platinum.  So pretty in real life & it doesn't rub off.  I stamped the very old PTI Text Style on a Rustic Cream card front & trimmed down a couple 2011 Memory Box Woodland Branch diecuts to attach behind the leaf.  The sentiment from SSS Full of Thanks was stamped in Versafine Clair Pinecone.  I finished off with gold sequins.  I'm also entering FMS 604
I also made a Fall birthday card using CN9 Give Thanks branches stamped in Distress Oxides aged mahogany, fossilized amber & prize ribbon. 
The veins were gold embossed & I added gold splatters.  You can see the shine in my IG post.  SSS Happy Birthday Brush Script was die cut from vellum and gold metallic cardstock.  I'm entering Seize the BirthdayDCD.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  I hope to soon begin again to regularly read blogs & leave comments.  Thanks for your patience & understanding.


19 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Greta. And so happy you are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great news to hear you're gaining your mobility back in using your shoulder. May the days ahead get even better! Two beautiful cards today, and I am old school myself and still use liquid applique LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your simple design of the fall leaves for Seize the Birthday Greta. I really like those stems...so cool and the added strip of gold is the perfect touch! so glad you are out of the sling...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear you're healing well.
    Your two cards are just awesome! I love the texture in the first one and the gold in the second. The fall colors look really wonderful combined with the gold. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be frustrating Greta but sounds like progress which is the most important. You share today is so tactile in the lovely colour palette.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news about your shoulder! You've just been amazing throughout all the time you spent with a sling. It must feel great to put your hand on the card to hold it still! And a beautiful card to boot! I've just been through nearly ALL my supplies, but I haven't come across my Liquid Applique. Better keep looking--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cool! Love all the texture. So glad you joined us this week at FMS! And happy you are making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's good to hear that you are out of your sling and getting better all the time. Must feel great. Beautiful fall card with those pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to know things are progressing, Greta! Also very happy to spot this little beauty in the Poppystampr gallery. What incredible results, this is so cool! Love you second leafy card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your leaf looks amazing! What a fabulous technique! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Gorgeous card, Great! This leaf is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad to hear that you are making good progress. Losing the sling is a very positive milestone. These cards are gorgeous, thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to seeing more from you when you get full movement back in your shoulder xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful report on your arm, you are doing great and sounds like you are being very patient. As for these cards, they are both really fabulous! That leaf is incredible. Your card for Seize the Birthday is pretty also, thanks for playing and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two gorgeous leaf cards, Greta. SO glad you are getting out of your sling and on with PT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen Liquid Applique in colors before. This knocked my socks off. What a stunning card this is with gorgeous colors and such dimension. Way to go, Greta. Beautiful colors and shine on the second card. So glad you don't have your sling anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the color and texture on that maple leaf that brought it to life, and the clean lines on the second with the trio of stamped leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous fall cards, Greta - especially love the liquid applique leaf!! Glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both so beautiful! Thanks for linking up to our September challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are wonderful. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.