Thursday, July 20, 2023

It's Been Awhile

I didn't intend to stop blogging, but that's just the way things worked out.  Luckily, Memory Box & Poppystamps challenges are monthly.  I already posted them on IG, as that's so much faster for me.  Before I get to the cards, thought I'd give you a brief update.  
I wouldn't even know I had a hip replacement 6 months ago.  I now am back to walking normally with no pain.  Unfortunately, my arthritic left shoulder pain has become much worse & steroid injections are no longer helpful.  So I will be having left reverse total shoulder replacement on July 31.  I'm so fortunate to be right handed, but I'm still dreading going through this.  Everyone is different, so hopefully I'll be one of the people with less discomfort & a faster recovery.  I'll be in a sling 99% of the time for 6 weeks--only allowed to do the prescribed exercises to prevent elbow, wrist & finger stiffness.  Then I'll begin going to physical therapy twice a week.  Typing will be challenging, but I plan to make a fresh start visiting your blogs.  There will be a few GD posts I've written before surgery, so my blog won't be totally quiet.
It worked out that I got to have a fun time before surgery, which I really needed.  5 years ago I met Betty Keefe in person when we went together to the Taylored Expressions Stamp Joy event in Iowa.  I just returned from seeing her again & we had a great time just visiting.  I embossed a lot of panels with her folders I don't have & she taught me how to make 2 different cards.  Such fun!  
Here's my entry for the Memory Box "It's Not Easy Being Green" challenge.  Wayfarer Leaves dies were cut from 4 different panels, each sprayed with a different green Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  The shimmer & shine is so beautiful in person.  I ended up only using the larger size leaves, so I've got a lot more diecuts ready for another card.  The embossed background panel was done with SSS Refracted Folder which I lightly rubbed with a green ink cube.  Poppystamps Happy Birthday Poe Script was stacked 2 high, covered with glaze & colored with a green Copic.  Always love using leaves for masculine cards & this one will be perfect for my plant loving brother-in-law.
I wanted to do something different for Poppystamps July "Rainbow" challenge.  It's been quite awhile since I made a shaped card & never one that was also a shaker.  
Finally, I decided to use Little Kindness stamp set from 2017 & stamped one of the very small flowers in a rainbow of inks:  CN9 Poppy, Buttercup, Clover, Blueberry & Fig with PTI Orange Zest.  The cute little bee in the stamp set fit perfectly in the center.  The panel was diecut with a circle & attached to the front of a card base made with the same die.  I used the same circle die & a smaller one to make the black frame.  The shaker bits are clear seed beads & 2 different kinds of glitter.  
Thought a simple "hi" went with the kinda funky floral background, so I stacked the letters from Memory Box Parker Lowercase Alphabet 3 high & covered them with glaze.  Simple little card to brighten someone's day.
Just had to use one of the beautiful SSS embossed snowflake panels I made at Betty's.  I sprayed the debossed side with Midnight Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist & boy is it gorgeous!  I'll have a video on IG soon, if you want to check it out. 
The Winnie & Walter word die & PFS snowflakes were cut from silver glitter cardstock scraps.  I already had a white Noel diecut with the die & really liked the look using it for a narrow shadow.  Finished off with tiny gems I colored blue with a Copic.  I'm entering The Snippets Playground & MFT Ready, Set Christmas.  
Thanks for catching up with me.  I'll do what I can to stay in touch.  Your friendship does mean a lot to me.



17 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you're all healed from your hip surgery and getting your walking in. I'll bet Fritz is a happy boy too! How fun that you got to spend more crafty time with Betty, cute photo! Thanks for sharing these three wonderful cards. Your MB entry is just lovely and I like the playfulness of your Poppy entry, thanks for joining us! My Christmas card stash for this year is pathetic. Look at you creating this beauty for someone to enjoy! Hope all goes well with the shoulder surgery and recovery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news about your recovery from hip surgery, Greta! And how fun to see Betty in person again - I haven't seen her in a few years; you both look great! Love your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have an update Greta, so pleased all went well after the hip op, but sorry your having to go through one for the shoulder. I'll confess It's one I decided against and having another try with the steroid and nerve blocks next week.

    Pretty cards and so nice to see Glimmer Mists, I used to use them so much until they became hard to source in the UK and non of the alternatives are anything like.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning cards Greta. How exciting to visit with Betty. I'd love to meet the two of you. Hope your shoulder surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great to see a post from you again and know that your hip surgery helped so much with your walking. I'm sorry you now have to endure shoulder surgery but I have a feeling you'll get through that equally as well. That's great you had time to stamp with Betty and that's a great photo of you both. The cards are all so pretty and I especially like that cute little shaker card. Sending prayers and best wishes your way for a good outcome on your upcoming surgery. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, Greta!! I especially LOVE the snowflake one---so sparkly and festive!!! So glad to hear you're recovering so well from your hip surgery and you're getting your walks in again! YAY! That's fantastic!!! Hoping your shoulder surgery goes smoothly. Stay strong and keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely snippetty Christmas card there Greta, Absolutely the style I love to make myself. Love your other cards too. So pleased that your new hip is doing so well - here's to successful shoulder surgery at the end of July. Fingers are crossed here - along with Dudley's paws of course!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful set of cards, Greta. I really like the first one with the pretty swag against the embossed background. Sounds like you had a great time with Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you are as good as new with your hip replacement. I hope your shoulder surgery goes as well if not better. Your cards are all lovely. So good you got to visit with Betty in person again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trio of loveliness Greta. Thank you for sharing the third card with the Snippets Playground.

    Glad your hip recovery has gone well. Hope it works out the same for your shoulder. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to find this in my Feedly list, and glad to hear you are fully recovered from your hip surgery before heading into another surgery. I hope it goes well and your recovery is as swift as possible! Lovely cards, as always! I especially love the first one. It's so nice to meet up with blogging friends. I managed to meet a long-time blogging friend in Seville, Spain in May--just an amazing coincidence that we were both there on the same day; she lives in England.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards as always Greta, a lovely selection. Good to catch up with your blog friend too, a lovely photo of you both. As for your hip? I’m so glad to hear all is well, and you are a new woman with it. However, the shoulder does sound painful, Good luck with your new surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Greta, what a lovely photo of you and Betty. So nice to see your smiling faces. Glad the hip is fixed. Hope the shoulder surgery goes well and best wishes for a swift recovery. Love your cards. The sparkly snowflakes against that lovely blue embossed background are so pretty. Take care. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. More surgery, that must be a blow, but if it makes things so much better like the hip did, it will be well worth it. Good luck. I do see your posts on instagram, but I don't tend to leave messages there - it all gets too much so I tend to stick to blogs. I like the slower pace of them, which feels like they are more intimate somehow. Anyway, love all these cards. Sorry I am a bit slow to visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Greta ! Happy to hear you are doing well and to see your beautiful designs ! I love the rainbow shaker - I dont see enough shaped cards! Yours are all beautiful Thinking of you and sending hugs your way !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your circle shaped card is so cute and fun! I love the delicate flowers in rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, as usual. :-) Especially love the Noel one. Hope your surgery goes well and you are feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.