Friday, May 6, 2022

Poppystamps and Blogger Trouble

Several of us are having problems leaving blog comments.  I read that it's an issue with 3rd party cookies.  One suggestion was to change comments from embedded to pop-up.  I made that change & a couple people were then able to leave comments.  I'm also able to leave comments if they are pop-up, but not if they're embedded.  Trying to leave comments today, but I'm giving up.  There's no message saying comments are being moderated, so can't tell if that's why my comment doesn't show or it didn't take.  So frustrating!
Edited to add:  AND Blogger is labeling some blog friends' comments as spam!  Thankfully it still works to mark them as not spam in order to get them published.  If only Blogger would identify actual spam as spam!
I do have my card for Poppystamps May challenge already done!  Martina inspired me to try again to do emboss resist with spray inks.  I haven't always been happy with the results, but this time I love it! 
I used Tattered Angels Caribbean Blue & Meadow Green over the watercolor panel with Poppystamps Friends & Flowers embossed in white.  Actually, I double embossed the flowers, slightly off-set, to give more white lines.  I like the sketchy look.  I used a small brush to add more blue to the flowers & green to the leaves.  For even more shimmer, I sprayed Heidi Swapp white Color Shine & Perfect Pearls mist.
The holes are done with PTI Mix and Mat: Flourishes.  Martina made her own sparkly flock & that sent me hunting for the little bottles I knew were here somewhere.  I found them!  Pulled out the white which said it had sparkle, but I added a lot more fine glitter.  It gave Luscious Script Hello the neatest velvety feel & beautiful sparkle!  I masked the sentiment to get just the word friend, which I popped up.  SSS Frosty Pine sequin mix had just the right colors for my embellishments.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.  I'll leave a comment if I can.



16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Greta, I love the colours. I haven't had any problems leaving comments, but I have found that lots of genuine comments left on my blog in the spam folder instead of the one for comments ready to be moderated and approved. No idea what's going on with Blogger at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you've gone to pop up! I have no trouble commenting on those, but yes there is an issue going on. Pretty card today, my friend! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card Greta. The colours are just gorgeous and love the double stamping look. I am happy I have been able to leave you a comment... must check out my blog as a couple of days, I've only had one comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I thought my comments weren't appearing and now I know why...Takes me ages to type too. Anyway, thank you for letting me know and thank you for your gorgeous card just received... So very much appreciated. And your card todayis just gorgeous! Big hugs my friend and I so wish we could have tea together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo the frustration with Blogger and not knowing if a comment has gone for moderation is infuriating. Pretty card in the tone on tone colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful card and the color you used. I don't know what embedded or pop up comments are. Now I wonder if my comments are being posted. I can't get into my bank account and many other places. I get a message saying "This site can't be reached." I guess I'll be taking the computer in on Monday to Staples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and I love the extra interest from those holes. I can imagine the sparkle. Sorry to hear about your commenting problems. I used to have issues until I started to use google chrome as my browser for all things blogging. Happy Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love the colors used on your card. Very pretty card. I don't know if I am not getting comments due to problems or only a few send them to me. Hope this one to you goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Between blogger and bloglovin...I have been saying mean things to my computer.

    YOur card is fabulous, love the background and the colors. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! This is so gorgeous Greta, I love the beautiful colour and the white and the flock, I must dig mine out if I can find it? Love the die cut in the card. Everything is scrumptious.
    As for Blogger, I couldn't add or edit images on a new post earlier on, but got it eventually. Strange things going on! Thanks for your lovely visits also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta that is beautiful! The colours are so lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Greta! And I hear you about commenting - many of my comments have gone astray. Darnell was trying to 'splain it to me - why can't it be simpler??

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful monochromatic card, greta. sorry you are having problems with commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card Greta. I adore the colours and the little holes from whatever die cut that makes them. Gorgeous, truly lovely. TFS I hope this comment sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful color for your gorgeous monochromatic card! Lovely sentiment and design, too! Keeping my fingers crossed that blogger will be better! Have a great day, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous card Greta...love all that gorgeous green!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.