Sunday, May 8, 2022

PTI and FMS

As you know, I enter the PTI challenges whenever I can.  Here's my entry for the challenge to make a black & white card with a pop of color.  
I die cut Into the Blooms II from scraps of 2 shades of red.  I didn't want to add another color, so I used vellum for the leaves.  The background is Nifty Plaid stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & a black Pierced Feature Frame.  The sentiment from Essential Sentiments is stacked 3 high.  I added Stickles to random petals for a bit of sparkle. 
This one goes to family who have an anniversary in a couple weeks.  Thought the little black Gina K heart embellishments made the perfect flower center.  I added gloss so they stand out more.
Next is my entry for Melissa's Fab Friday challenge to recreate her card putting our own personality into it.
I take that to mean our own card style & mine is simpler with fewer colors.  I did begin like Melissa, but I stamped Bold Blooms onto a white Border Bling: Tin Stitched die cut using Berry Sorbet & Vintage Jadeite--spritzing before stamping.  
The vellum layer is Border Bling: Diamonds.  I stamped the sentiment from Wildflower Garden on the white die cut from the same set using Versafine Clair Nocturne. 
Finished with die cut blooms & leaves along with a few Rainstones.  Melissa's card is beautiful & I love that it inspired me to make a card in my style.
Cecile's sketch for FMS intrigued me, so had to play along.  I used leftover Simply Graphic die cuts that I had watercolored with gold Gansai Tambi.  The Ellen Hutson Hex Frame was die cut from a scrap watercolored with Lindy's Magicals Drop Dead Gorgeous Green.  
Both products have incredible shimmer in person.  The card is PTI Rustic Cream with splatters of the gold & green.  I love this sentiment from PTI Prominent Petals which I stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn.  
I finished off with the beautiful sequins from Lucy's Things Champagne mix--part of a prize from The Snippets Playground, where I'm also entering my card.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,
I will visit you--if Blogger lets me!  
Edited to add: Blogger is now randomly labeling comments as spam.  Today I found that Blogger let one comment be published & labeled the other comment left by the same person as spam!



18 comments:

  1. Hi Greta

    Three beautiful cards in this post.
    I am particularly taken with your Snippets Playground entry which is wonderfully CAS and very elegant.

    I have found a couple of your comments in my blog Spam section. It seems to be a current blogger problem as your comments have always published correctly before! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to say thank you very much for playing in the Snippets Playground and dancing round the Maypole with me!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the red blooms on black are so smart. I love the background you created for your middle card and the clean and simple lines on you hello friend card. Just letting you know that to leave a comment, I have to click through various photos identifying objects e.g. chimneys, hills, stop lights and the like. It's not difficult, but thought you'd like to know. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Greta. Love that first one. So striking and the other too are just as fabulous. I too, found a couple of your comments in spam. Hopefully it will be ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fabulous cards with great designs Greta. I always love red, black and white together as it is always so striking and so is your first card x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Greta - just love all three cards! That bold flower on the black/white plaid looks amazing and I love your take on the remake challenge. But my fave is card 3 with the elongated hexagon and the delicate flowers - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. especially love that card with the b & w background and the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous cards Greta, I can't pick a favourite! I wish I had your energy to create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are wonderful Love the graphic leaf card. So pretty for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. another fabulous set of cards, greta. love your slimmed down version of melissa's card. a perfect example of less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Greta these are all so pretty! The first one is stellar, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All very beautiful cards, Greta! Love the black and red card with he gorgeous flower! Great take on Melissa’s card in your own style! And, your last card with just as pretty! A wonderful collection of cards as always! Have a great week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the plaid stamp, I thought it was paper it's a gorgeous card Greta. Your second card is just so lovely and a great play on the sample card. Your third is as lovely as the other two, in fact I have gone and ordered the Tambi after seeing yours! Yep! naughty me.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW Greta - such beautiful cards - each one. I do so love the first one, to be truthful. And yet I so Love the snippets one - also to be truthful! Sometimes I almost wish that bloggers didn't swamp us with their huge talents - probably as I can usually only muster one flipping card per blog post from Pixies at a time! Wonderful work Greta! Very Talented lady!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are wonderful, I especially like the first one. It is stunning, love the plaid background xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely collection of cards, Greta and I love how distinctive each one is. If I could only pick one, it would be the first one - such a beautiful striking design!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...so many beautiful creations! But your first card with those gorgeous red blooms really steals the show here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.