Sunday, November 28, 2021

Surprise, Surprise--Christmas Cards!

Hubby tweaked his back, so family brought Thanksgiving to us.  Fortunately, taking it easy has worked & he's much better.  Time to get cards signed & mailed, but first I want to show you some cards.
My friend, LaVon, posted a card on IG that made me HAVE to get Tim Holtz Seasonal Sketch die set.  I found them for under $10, so wasn't much of a splurge--haha!  Here's my first card which may be my favorite this year.  
I colored the solid die cuts with DO aged mahogany & cracked pistachio--heaviest in the centers.  The white detail die cuts are covered with Liquid Pixie Dust for a beautiful sparkle in person.  Hero Arts Collage Music Background was partially stamped in Weathervane ink on a Soft Stone panel & the edges were brushed with the ink.  
The sentiment is from AJVD Christmas Star.  I added tiny pearls to the flower centers & was happy to see that PFS Glacier Jewels picked up the pink beautifully.
I do still like the traditional red & green color combo for holiday cards, as you will see with my last 2 cards.  First is a fun card using my old SSS Holiday Frames die & my newer SSS Peaceful Christmas stamp/die set.
My favorite snowflake embossing folder has dots of Shimmer Pico Embellisher & the snowflake die cut has dots of Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher.  I inked the card front edges with Altenew Just Green to match the little tree.  I entered SSS Wednesday via IG.
Here's my other red & green card which was made for the Pinkfresh Studio November wreath challenge.  I really wanted to make my own wreath this time, so picked out a branch die from PFS Dainty Blossoms.  Always good to use up some of my white scraps!  
I glued the branches in pairs & arranged them into the wreath.  Just before gluing them, it hit me to make the background a wood panel--first time to do this.  I just scored the green panel & then used direct to paper with a green ink cube.  Love the effect!  PFS Classic Holiday Words were die cut from white cardstock & red glitter tape attached to cardstock.  
The PFS Layered Wreath die set includes a die that cuts 4 berries at a time.  I made good use of the glitter tape area around the negative space to die cut a bunch of berries & added them to the wreath.  Flat for mailing, but still pretty festive, I think.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday via IG, The Snippets Playground & Rudolph Days.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. Super cards, Greta. My favourite is the first one, what a lovely set of dies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the hubs, glad he's feeling better! Three lovely festive cards, Greta! The first one is marvelous, love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three more lovely cards Greta but that first is a stunner, so much so I just noted the name of the die and off hunting.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that didn't take long, delivery Wednesday, £12.95 at Amazon was cheapest option by far!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers... beautiful cards and yes that first one is simply stunning. That's a lovely die set for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are beautiful but I can see why you love the first one...I do too Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Greta,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What very wonderful cards and such super designs too.
    Love the first one and that die used the colours are so lovely and the shimmer is gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your poinsettia card in the soft colors - so much so that i HAD to buy it!! all the cards are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these on IG one late night and loved them, a second viewing hasn't changed my mind. Love them, especially those delicate dies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards and beautiful too Greta, I can see why you had to have the dies, beautiful colour mixes.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, Greta - love your take on LaVon's inspiration! Glad your DH feels better - how great for Thanksgiving to come to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice that they brought Thanksgiving dinner to you. I'm glad hubby is much better now. All of these cards are lovely, Greta. I like that wreath you made yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first card really is very special so I am not surprised it is your favourite and you had to buy those dies. I think I will look out for them. Love the colours on your other cards and that wonderful wreath xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful collection of festive cards Greta. They are all so good but the first is probably my fave.

    There's a mug of hot chocolate with added marshmallows awaiting you in the Playground Treehouse once you’ve finished playing on the swings!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you hubby is feeling better... At least you got to enjoy Thanksgiving... I've been struggling with my back lately, I'm scared that the stenosis is reoccuring but I'm trying to stay positive. Anyway, your cards as always are adorable... I can see why that first one is yur favourite but honestly? All your cards are beautiful! Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful set of cards, Greta! I love how each one has the traditional red/green Christmas color combo, but with a different twist for each one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely group of cards. I am in love with your Tim Holtz card. I love the soft look you've created with the colors and the subtle background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Hope your hubby's back is feeling easier now, Greta! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always - a beautiful make Greta! Love the way you did the background with the white wreath. Like Jo, I hope Hubby's back is getting easier.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's always a Joy to visit your blog and feast my eyes on your gorgeous cards. I fell in love with the first card - such a pretty die. The backgrounds on the next two adds so much texture and interest. Love the tiny tree and I'm a fan of wreaths as well, so your last card really floats my boat! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.