Sunday, November 14, 2021

Holiday Season

I've been making Thanksgiving & Christmas cards.  First is my entry for Poppystamps Sweater Weather challenge.  The Poppystamps Majestic Maple die was cut 3 times from watercolor paper.  
I used Altenew watercolor markers to add one color at a time, spritzing lightly with water.  I added gold & brown splatters and popped up the middle leaf.  I scored a Classic Kraft card & also splattered it with gold & brown.  
The Spellbinders sentiment was stacked with the top layer cut from gold metallic cardstock.  I haven't used gold thread for awhile & I do like it behind the leaves.  Finished off with gold sequins.  
Next is a Christmas card combining products from several different companies.  The black embossed poinsettia from Gina K's Festive Flowers was colored using a sponge dauber & Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.  
I added black & gold splatters, as well as brushing on some of the gold.  The black panel was cut with a Papertrey Ink die & Poppystamps Merry Christmas Poe Script was die cut from black & gold cardstock. 
I added gold Stickles & gold PPP sequins.  I'm entering the ModSquad challenge to make a card with a poinsettia. 
Next is a Thanksgiving card using PTI Quilted Summer die with an old favorite DCWV paper pad called Harvest House.  I die cut the frame twice, so it's slightly raised.  
The ephemera is from the paper pad & the brown heat embossed sentiment is from PTI Autumn Adornments.  The Classic Kraft card is splattered with gold watercolor paint.  
I have left over pieces for more quilt cards that I've already started.  I'm entering PTI What Do I Do With This to create a card with embossing powder & TTTC139 (kraft, free, patterned paper).


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



24 comments:

  1. Another great display of artwork Greta, predictably the Autumnal leaves are the one that draws me the most.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous collection of cards, Greta. I especially love the first one, the coloured leaves are so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great cards Greta. Those leaves are really stunning. And the Christmas cards are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! I love the watercolored leaves - I am a big fan of watercolored die cuts too. And the poinsettia card is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Poppystamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great. I really am taken with the quilt piecing card. I love the papers and design of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous collection of cards, Greta. Love the craft and gold together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. three wonderful cards, Greta - think the last one is my fave tho - love the colors you used and who can resist a quilted card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three great cards, as ever. I think my favourite has to be the first one, the colours on those leaves are fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three gorgeous cards Greta. I'm crazy about the watercoloured leaves at the top. The middle card looks elegant with the retro words and intricate die. Finally, the quilt look card, always a winner for me. Beautiful x three! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colorful leaf card, Greta! A bold and beautiful Christmas card! And, your last card is very interesting with the quilted look, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning collection of cards Greta, beautiful colours and designs.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous set of cards, Greta! The leaves on the first one are amazing! Loving the poinsettia on the second. The edition of the ephemera on the final card just takes it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad. Hope to see you back again!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great fall card Greta! Your maple leaves are lovely and the touches of sparkle from the gold sequins and thread is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppsytamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all three of your amazing cards Greta but the first one has that extra 'Wow' factor x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta, your card with the leaves is so pretty! The work you put into it really shows. I'm inspired by your techniques and will have to try that sometime. I like the gold on it too. It really makes it pop. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such stunning cards. The quilt inspired one is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful fall cards. Love all the layouts. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! I loce the leavs Greta and the interest in your last card is amazing! Have a lovely weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your layered and embossed cards, they are beautiful.
    Kisses and happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wowowow all is beautiful!!!!! Love your projects! Good Luck! Happy Holidays! Patty Tanúz, Poppystamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greta you make the most wonderful cards! I'm smitten with those inky leaves and all the GOLD! SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous bunch of cards! That bright green in the maple leaves really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful, Greta! Absolutely love the colors and the leaves! Thank you so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.