Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Fun Day!

Fun time yesterday--met up with my friend, Vikki.  It had been over a year & was just what I needed.  Neither of us thought to get a picture, unfortunately.  Also happy to see one rose bush is in full bloom & there are lots of buds on the others.  
I wasn't sure if I'd have roses this year.  The deer chomped off the tops of the branches before there were many buds.  Luckily, they haven't come back---yet.
At the last minute I got a card made for the April Altenew challenge
I used Fantasy Floral & Wild Rose 3D dies watercolored with Prima Marketing Confections.  I just used one color for each bloom & the leaves, but added more pigment for each layer.  The sentiment from Floral Frame was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  So happy to use some very old Teresa Collins designer paper!
My friend, Betty, created the current board for TTTC112.  It's been awhile since I played there, but couldn't miss this challenge.  I used Heat Embossing, Die Cuts, Circles/Squares.  
Didn't plan it, but ended up using some very old wood mounted circle stamps from Hero Arts & Memory Box.  The inks are Distress Oxides faded jeans & peeled paint.  Since it's an anniversary card, I added some silver splatters.  I was on a roll, so black heat embossed a very old wood mounted sentiment on a circle die cut.  Emboss resist is such a great technique for backgrounds or, in this case, to make the sentiment match.  Fun to use a strip of silver ribbon.
I really love the new DO kitsch flamingo which I used with the beautiful Gina K Stellar Snowflake stencil to enter the May Monthly Mix Challenge.  
The sentiment from Sketched Wreath Builder was stamped in DO candied apple & heat embossed on the Pigment Craft Company stacked cup die cut.  Again I used emboss resist to make the sentiment match.  The card front was also brushed with kitsch flamingo.  I used a shimmer pen on the cup & added white Pico Embellisher dots.  Not sure I've ever used pink & red for a Christmas card, but I like how this turned out.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,
I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Your roses are gorgeous, Greta! I’ll be waiting a few more weeks for mine to bloom. It must have been great fun to meet up with your friend, Vikki! All your cards are lovely! I’m drawn to the first card with the pretty layered flowers against the text background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are so very gorgeous and well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your roses at IG and they are beautiful. YOur cards are darling too. Love the ribbon through your anniversary card, the black paper with your altenew card and your pink christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely you could meet with your friend Greta. I'm impressed with your first card with the gorgeous blooms. The anniversary card is great with the silver ribbon and gosh! Christmas cards in May! So pretty and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Greta! Love your first one with the pretty die cut blooms. Hope the deer leave your roses alone, they're pretty! I was just looking at knockout rose plants today. I'm thinking of planting a couple of them by Max's little grave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three fabulous cards, Greta. I love how you coloured the roses on the first one, using different shades of the same colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice you were able to meet up with a friend and get back a semblance of normality, really hoping that soon we will be able to see our children and grandchildren we've not been able to see for well over a year.

    A lovely collection of cards and I particularly like the one with the flowers against the black script.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased you got to catch up with a friend. Love all your cards today. Especially the pink tea cup Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for meeting up with friends! Your cards are amazing... especially the one for the Altenew challenge! So glad the deer didn't get all the roses... they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like your flower card, the black background makes the flowers shine wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you were able to get together, bet it felt strange at first. What a great selection of cards, love the rose one and great to see that your rose is flowering after being eaten. I find that roses are really resilient so I am not surprised xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I had to say, how lovley to meet up with your friend, we have yet to do that yet, hopefully soon. Your rose is gorgeous, how lovely to have them flowering, ours are in tight buds, the cold weather hasn't done them nay favours. Your cards are truly gorgeous, beautiful designs and mix of colours. Just fabulous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous collection of cards Greta - I love those colourful circles, so glad you managed to find time to join us and play along with Betty's challenge board over at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful cards, such a pretty rose bush and glad they flowered for you and how lovely to meet up with your friend x. Your first card is so striking Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was so nice to hear that you met up with your friend... does the soul good. Your cards are always so lovely and I particularly like that first one... so unique. My roses are way behind yours which are gorgeous Greta... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card designs, love the rose and what fun to met up with your friend.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.