Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Christmas and Friendship cards

I'm back sooner than expected to show you a few more cards.  First is a fun Christmas card inspired by the AAA Card Challenge theme to have everything in a 1 inch strip.  I've been wanting to use the Flora & Fauna die set called Festive that I got in the after Christmas close out 2 years ago at a local craft store. 
I scored a 1 inch strip near the bottom of a slightly smaller white card.  The die cuts were colored with Copics B02, G02 & RV21--kinda fun! 
I added dots of Stickles, used a W&W sentiment & added 3 tiny clear gems.  Can't wait to use these cute dies again.  I'm also entering Rudolph Days.
I really enjoyed pulling out Rosie Posie & RP Step 2 for the ITP PTI challenge to add embossing powder accents. 
The stamping was done with Blueberry Sky & Enchanted Evening inks.  Not sure I've ever used all 4 dies in Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical.  It's designed for the sentiment to go in the curved space, but I think this works, too.  The sentiment is from ITP Effortless Beauties.  
I have 2 drawers of powders, so had plenty of choices.  I noticed one very old jar of sparkly blue powder that appears to be completely full.  It's so beautiful!  Hope you can get an idea from the photo.
I've been wanting to enter the Stamplorations Things with Wings challenge.  Finally, I played around & came up with this card using their Trendy Butterflies stamp set, W&W Rugby Stripe stencil & SSS Painted Hugs die. 
I actually started by making the plaid using Distress Oxides twisted citron & candied apple.  Instead of using a small brush or masking, I used a regular size blending brush to get a sketchy plaid.  Fun to see what a different look you can get by doing that.  I picked the twisted citron because I thought it was a close enough match to some foil I have, but wasn't happy with it.  Since I liked the plaid, I blended some of the ink on a white scrap & used it to die cut the sentiment which is stacked & brushed with a shimmer pen. 
The butterflies were stamped in candied apple & fussy cut.  I brushed them with a shimmer pen--the reason the design is so subdued.  Then I covered them in Nuvo Glaze & added tiny black pearls.  These days I've been making pretty flat cards, but decided the panel really needed to be popped up.  I have a sheet of black fun foam which worked great.  I'm also entering Stamplorations April Stencil challenge, SSS Flickr Challenge 174 & SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,  I will visit you.




23 comments:

  1. Three really clever cards but the best bit for me is the plaid background on your last card, so beautiful and so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three wonderful cards today, Greta! I thought your plaid background was patterned paper until I read that you made it yourself! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are so wonderfully made. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that delicate strip of holiday cheer, and the posie is fab with the added sparkle. Your plaid is fantastic, and that one is my fave...the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and contemporary Happy Holidays card and love the other two fabulous cards too Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each card is very beautiful in its own way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful collection of cards Greta. Thanks for joining the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely display of artwork Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely designs and colors Greta.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are another stunning set of cards Greta, I love the first, so simple Xmas card, the second gorgeous design and colour, the third vibrant and wonderful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pretty plaid stenciling and how you framed it to add to your card front, Greta. Beautiful colored and die cut butterflies and die cut sentiment too. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful trio of cards, Greta. My favourite is the first one, so effective having everything in a narrow line. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet trio of beautiful cards Greta....just love your first card, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Su2ch a pretty use of colour and die cuts on your one inch strip. Love how fresh it looks. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a super sweet set of cards, greta! really loving the second one with all the pretty shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Greta. Really love the blue one. So pretty. And what a gorgeous plaid on your last card. All are really fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh they are all so pretty and I love your plaid background Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three beauties, Greta! Just love the diecuts on the inch strip, the gorgeous blue flower and the plaid with butterflies! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are all lovely, Greta. Your Rudolph card is a wonderful non traditional one!
    Mrs A has a great challenge, the Butterfly Challenge, and your butterfly card would be great there. She has different things that give you more chances, but you only need a butterfly to enter the basic challenge.

    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The design and colors of the cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo what a delightfully gorgeous CAS card and thanks for joining us April's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greta these card are all so lovely, your cards always are!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Three beautiful cards and all so different. I like the tiny shimmery symbols on the first card. Blue, blue, beautiful blue. I love it! My favourite colour. Finally the clever plaid card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.