Sunday, December 8, 2019

Traditional Christmas Colors

Lots to do this time of year including cards to sign & mail.  That meant I didn't make my card for ITP Joy of Cardmaking--Intricate Cards until late Friday night after watching our Ducks win the Pac 12 Championship.
PTI Shape Shifters Oval #3 is intricate & I'd never used it, so that's where I started.  I had red & green scraps for a traditional Christmas card.  The sentiment from PTI Bold Borders Yuletide was brushed with shimmer & covered with Nuvo Glaze.  Thought the card needed something else, but I was too tired to figure it out that night.  Today I decided just a couple IO pine branches die cut from the same strip of green paper would finish it off.  They were brushed with shimmer & the ends tucked into an opening in the frame.  Now it's ready to send.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground, SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday, DCD & Time Out.
Snippets Playground BadgeGrab our Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


22 comments:

  1. the pine branches finished your card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a wonderful design and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card in the traditional colours. I especially like the tiny bows and the edge of the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely traditional colors Greta, this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards, Greta. I always love coming by your blog to see your wonderful creativity. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Sadly, you popped by before I had a chance to update my post. I had forgotten to post my winner for the Snippets Playground give-away and you were my lucky winner. You can see the info on the same post you visited today, and I just need you to email me your mailing address. I'll pop your goodies in the mail as soon as I possibly can. Thanks for being a good, crafty friend. It's much appreciated.
    Blessings,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas card done up in traditional colors, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too think your card is beautiful...love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That label is gorgeous and I love the pines with it, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Greta. That is one stunning die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those PTI dies, they add such nice interest to a card. Fabulous and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can't go wrong with red and green for Christmas! And, your card with the white intricate oval die and sentiment is gorgeous! So pretty, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These beautiful dies make such an impact with the pine sprigs finishing touch! Your creativity abounds, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, so pleased to see this at Time Oot. Adore the pretty colours and such an elegant and detailed die, lovely touches of gloss. The little green foliage-the perfect touch. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of that intricate die, and the greenery adds the wow factor! Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas! (Go Ducks! From an Oregonian!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fresh and festive, Greta ... lovely layering of those fabulous die cuts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Greta - what a beautiful card, the intricate die cut is gorgeous as a focal point. Really lovely work.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Greta with that lovely die. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the ornate die Greta, makes such a pretty card with the red in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply beautiful!!! I always love the look of traditional Christmas colors and your card is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great use of dies! I like how you used layering. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  21. That really is pretty and adding the sprigs of green was perfect to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our December challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.