Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Guest Designing at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog


I'm so happy to have joined the DT at RRCB as the GD for Challenge #106.  Having been a stamper for nearly 25 years, my stash includes tons of old stamps I still love.  It's great having a challenge that celebrates using stamps at least 1 yr old.  This time the theme is to use stripes on your card, which give you lots of options.  For my card, the stripes are done with an old Darice embossing folder.


I've had problems with this folder tearing my cardstock in the past.  Recently I saw a tip to emboss a panel of vellum, leave it in the folder & then use it with cardstock.  Hurrah--it worked!  The leaves & flowers are SSS Spring Flowers stamps & dies from 2016.  After gold embossing the images on watercolor paper, I scribbled with Distress Markers & spritzed with water to blend.  Just have to go easy on the water so it doesn't wash away the colors.


When they were dry I cut them out with the coordinating dies & arranged them on the card which I had already splattered with a black Zig.  The flower centers have a drop of gold Pico Embellisher.  For the sentiment I used the 2017 SSS set called Thoughtful Messages--one of my favorites.  The words were white embossed on black scraps & mounted with foam tape.  Hope I've inspired you to pull out those old stamps & join the challenge.  I'm entering CAS on Friday & SSS Flickr No 118.  
For your blog

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

23 comments:

  1. A quick visit and what a lovely share again, so pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for your Guest DT. Your card is beautiful, Greta!!!!!!!! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and delicate. You can also lightly mist your cardstock to stop it from tearing in an ef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card - wonderful GD inspiration, Greta - I've used Cat's suggestions and that has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card with a great design. The dimension from the stripes and those pretty flowers and leaves are gorgeous. Thank you for the tip too x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your guest designer spot, greta! fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design...Just beautiful Greta. Congrats on being guest designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the guest spot and your card is absolutely gorgeous with those pretty flowers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your GD spot, Greta! A lovely card with stripes and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on guest designing at Retro, Greta! You knocked it out of the park! I love all the many and wonderful elements and thank you for the tip you passed on about softening the e/f with a piece of vellum!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and congrats on GD, Greta. Must admit, I’m unfamiliar with this challenge, but a great one to tackle the pile of “old” NBUS products that have been collecting dust. Thanks for the vellum tip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY, so happy for you Greta, congrats on guesting! Your card is lovely. I like the embossed stripes and pretty blooms. Thanks for the EF tip, I've never heard it before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your guest DT spot. Perfect challenge for you... like you I have tons of older stuff that hasn't been used for a long time. Today's card is just so pretty. Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you have used the vellum a gorgeous card.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats....how exciting for you to be their guest designer. Your card is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That e/f is a great way to show stripes on the card. Thanks for telling us about the vellum to keep from cracking. I have also spritzed the c/s with water before embossing and that has worked for me. Pretty card and I like the gold, it always adds elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta, I'm so delighted that you're our guest designer this challenge. Your card is totally fabulous. I love the use of the striped folder - and thank you for the tip about having a vellum sheet inside. The way you've coloured your images by spritzing has given the flowers and foliage such a lovely, almost marbled, look. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The gold embossing really makes it all pop, love it Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea to use some older stamps and give them a turn in the sun! I shall employ the vellum tip with an embossing folder of mine, which always gives me trouble. Lve the water colour treatment of the gold embossed flowers and leaves. Congrats on the DT gig.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty Greta! Love that the stripes are an embossing folder . . . I think I have this one too. Great job with the water coloring. Glad to have you GT for us on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Greta, glad to have you with us at GDT, love the striped embossing folder and your watercolouring is fab. Hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card, Greta. Gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats Greta!! And what a super card and thanks for the tip...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.