Monday, March 4, 2019

Friendship Flowers

I have trouble building bouquets from individual stamps, so decided to get some already done by the designer.  I used gift certificates to get a couple different ones.  This is my first card using Impression Obsession's Spring Flowers (G16343) which I double embossed with Rose Gold powder on watercolor paper.

 
As most of you know, I don't try to color very often, other than messy watercoloring.  I've seen a lot of gorgeous coloring lately in blogland, so maybe that inspired me to see what I could do with my Distress markers.  I used spun sugar, tattered rose, antique linen & pumice stone.  The blending was done with a barely wet brush.  The flower center & stamens are embellished with Champagne Stickles & I added splatters.

 
The IO sentiment, Precious Treasure (B13027), is one of my favorites.  I think having something fairly small to color is helpful for me & I'm going to keep practicing.  I do treasure the friendship & support of my blogging friends, so this card could be for any of you!
I'm entering IO Flowers for Friends, SSS WednesdayWAW & The Flower Challenge.
Flowers for FriendsGrab our badge:

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

26 comments:

  1. lovely card, Greta - and i really like the combo of colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Greta and the lovely image is beautifully coloured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done and the colors are so very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Greta! A lovely flower image colored beautifully! Great touch with the Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 
Wow this is so pretty. Very refreshing look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! The coloring looks great, maybe you should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah what a delightful quote Greta. It really speaks to me and I think I shall hunt around for it. I don't do much colouring either, but your work is just lovely, soft and elegant and the card is beautifully balanced with the neutral border. A new fave for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should color more often because this turned out beautifully! Love the stamp too. I've always been a fan of IO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome coloring. I love coloring with my distress markers. I do hope you do more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty Greta. Your colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep coloring Greta, this is a lovely card you should make more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you keep practicing your coloring. This is really pretty and has great shading on the flowers and the leaves. Just the right amount of sparkle. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, greta! your watercoloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring on this IO stamp is soothing and beautifully crafted, Greta~

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Gorgeous card and you should colour more this is gorgeous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so pretty and the soft colour palette works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your colouring Greta and the rose heat embossing looks so pretty. Love the stamped image and your beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, WOW Greta! Your card is so Pretty! Your coloring on that flower is spot on lady!! LOVE the embossed Rose gold as well.... Beautiful card! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty blossoms which look lovely in the soft pinks and sepias and much softer than using black for the stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card! I love the soft colors. Thanks for sharing this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just STUNNING, friend!! Would you believe that I have a card right now on my desk, in progress, with these very colors? Soft muted golds and pinks? Crazy! I love the little bit of sparkle in the centers, and your coloring is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love colouring, Greta, and you are perfect with pens. Your markers are beautiful and your card is simply fantastic. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Greta...your flowers are so beautiful! Love your fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. so pretty and fresh feeling.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.