Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Surprise--another Valentine!

Sent off quite a few Valentines today, but still need a few more.  Good thing I've exercised my willpower when it comes to buying goodies lately--postage sure adds up when your cards aren't flat--LOL!  Anyway, the current Flourishes challenge is Red & Love.  I started by clear embossing the beautiful heart from Fanciful Flourishes on watercolor paper, spritzed & rubbed on a red Gelato.  I then dry embossed it with the roses & brayered on some Distress Ink festive berries.  The Savvy Stamps sentiment was black embossed on the vellum strip cut with MFT wavy line die.  Just found this tiny pom-pom trim at the little boutique in our town that sells quite a selection of ribbon by the yard. The heart was inked, brayered & brushed with Shimmer Spritz. Love this Spellbinder which I bought from Flourishes awhile back.  I inked it with the festive berries also.  The heavy weight cardstock didn't accept the ink like my other paper, but I actually like the effect & it goes with the embossed piece. Better get it addressed & mailed tomorrow--don't want to be late. So glad you took time to come by my blog.

15 comments:

  1. Love the dies and all of the scrumptious red!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and dies Greta. I hear you on the flat card for mailing. I love the way it didn't accept the ink it looks neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Greta, that spellbinders frame and inking really sets up your card for fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Greta! Love the different looks of the different papers! And that's a beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO very pretty Greta! It's elegant and traditional in an old fashioned way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Great, this looks like an elegant expensive box of chocolates! Beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Greta, the die sets it off so elegantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Greta! Love the pretty shading and the fancy ornate frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning Greta. What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card with great inking, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eye-candy!! Gorgeous card; your inking is beautiful, the red+pink combination, striking, the lay-out, eye-catching! I seriously need to find better words to express how specially, stupendous and stellar your cards are! This one: Valentine perfection!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Isn't it fun to play with different card stock? I always forget about the different effects until I do it again :) Love the pompom trim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fancy and frilly and gorgeous, Greta! I love all the different designs and techniques you combined for this fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...what a card! This is just gorgeous...I love your stamping. Have a great weekend Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS JOB with the Gelatos!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.