Sunday, November 3, 2013

Two Cards

Long post to avoid having 2 more posts today. Hope you will find it worth your time.
Betsy's inlaid die-cut card for PTI MIM is fabulous! I've never heard it called "inlaid", but I loved this look the first time I saw it. I still need to get some word dies, so instead I used Turning A New Leaf--a favorite. My card is simple, but shows you how effective this technique is.  The leaves are stamped in Memento Olive Grove & the edges are sponged with Golden Glitz. The sentiment from PTI Snowflake Flurries is stamped using the same ink.  Just got this gorgeous gold shimmer paper on sale, so used that to mat the top piece which is made with PTI Vintage Cream cardstock. I've had these red metal dots for many years & they give just the right look, I think. Finished off with the beautiful dark green ribbon. 
Figure I may as well enter "the lottery" at Simon Says Stamp Monday and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--LOL! Sure could easily spend a $50 gift certificate to their store!  Edited to add:  I'm also entering at Die Cut Divas.
Next is my entry for MFTWSC148.
MFTWSC148As soon as I saw the sketch I had in mind using Thankful Leaves with MFT felt. 

This is my first card with the
MFT Labels Stax 4 that I got in their big sale. Started looking through my papers not knowing what to do for the background & these 2 sheets by 2 different companies seemed perfect! The edges are sponged with antique linen & the Studio G sentiment is stamped with Memento Gray Flannel. The buttons were still in my purse, having used a coupon at JoAnns since there was nothing I wanted in the paper crafts aisle. Love dry embossing the leaves over the script paper (enlarge the pic to see it) & so glad I had some gray twine. I'm learning to not worry about what is popular or what the expert designers do--just be myself. The result is 2 cards I really like & isn't that why we all do this?
Hope you're having a nice weekend. I'm really glad you decided to stop by my blog.

24 comments:

  1. Exactly!!!!! you do what you enjoy and what YOU like, how long have I been saying this to you my friend? I am so pleased you are beginning to realise this. Your two cards are terrific, you do CAS so well, and combining two Pp from different companies is excellent, as it is not always possible.
    I have a huge smile on my face at the moment.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your MIM card is gorgeous, Greta! Love the gold sponging on the edges of the die cut... creates a really pretty look! Your second card is darn pretty, too! Love the leaves done in the felt. Yep... it is (and should be) all about doing what you like! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful Greta! I love your MIM card and will probably CASE it since I have this set too! And might I say crafting for yourself and being yourself suits you well, love your work and love popping in here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Greta,

    I love them both, again, they are simply so elegant, it does seem to come naturally to you...what a blessing! I particularly love the mix of texture on the second one, the felt with that button and hemp takes my breath away!

    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, double WOW...both cards are simply BEAUTIFUL!
    Such wonderful details! Your creativity is ON FIRE!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your creations, Greta! The workmanship is SUPERB! I love that ribbon and pearl treatment on the 1st and the 2nd card's use of elements is awesome! ( I decided to stay on FSS for another term as I am having too much fun)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on a roll here Greta. Both of these cards are stunning. And isn't it great when you do something you really love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to learn to let go & enjoy what you make, instead of comparing yourself to others. I still do it now & then, but it never makes me happy! Gorgeous cards! I love the sentiment on the first, and the felt on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully designed cards, love the leaf on the first one with the touches of gold and the red gems. The second card has a lovely earthy feel it, both elegant designs too. Great sentiments. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, gorgeous card!!! I love your MIM card...gonna have to give this technique a try as your card is just over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two more beauties from you, Greta! I totally agree - your own designs are much more fun! And, you have a very unique style with a great sense of color and composition. Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your inlaid card is GORGEOUS, i am going to have to try that technique. Your second card is warm and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards have a warm elegance to them. I was drawn to your blog by your MIM card with its simplicity and movement. Think I might be casing that card. And the textures in your second card are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredibly beautiful cards! I would never have thought to dry emboss over a text pattern - genius!! I love your philosophy, Great. It is uber cool when our creativity meshes with what's on-trend and fits the challenges, but most important is being true to our own artistic muse, which you do beautifully time and time again! You are an inspiration in this way! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, yes, yes - be 'yourself' when you craft, because that's what brings us here - your unique "Greta style." This is the style that delights, dazzles, impresses and inspires! Your muse knows exactly what to do, and your pieces of art that you share are evidence that you've listened! A duo of 'beautiful' here. I'm off to learn what 'inlaid' is all about after I spend a bit more time gazing and admiring your stunning cards! Hugs, c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful cards! Love the first card with the inlaid (I was also thinking what does inlaid means) of how you put the leaves as the focus point, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards for today Greta!! Loving the leaves on both of them but the second one is so neat with the colors you used!! Thanks cor sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That inlaid technique is so intriguing, love your gorgeous card using it. Your second card is just so beautiful, I agree Greta, stay true to yourself as this is a craft we enjoy and you don't want to ever not be your unique self:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! And yes, I agree with you, we definitely should create what we enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so gorgeous! Classy, elegant perfection! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these are so pretty, Greta! I love the papers, felt leaves and twine on the 2nd card and the beautiful spray of leaves and berries on the 1st! Love that ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards. They are simple and marvelously designed.

    Thank you for submitting the card to Die Cut Divas' challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.