Sunday, June 16, 2013

Valentine's Day in June

I love getting cards done ahead of time so I'm not rushing at the last minute.  Hubby likes purple so I used Memento Lulu Lavender & Grape Jelly.  I used the PTI MIM video as my inspiration.  This week the technique is overlapping ombre.  I needed a 3rd ink color so used second generation stamping for the middle circle.  Might be considered cheating to use a stamp with lines in the design making it impossible not to get the images correctly lined up, but I hope not--LOL!  The circle & sentiment are from PTI Trendy Tree Tops, the embossing folder is by Darice & the circle dies are Spellbinders.  Since this is for hubby I resisted the urge to add glitter & instead just used some Crystal Lacquer on the hearts.  Simple card, but I have to say I like how it turned out & think he will, too.  Since I used circles this will also be my entry for the challenge at A Passion for Papertrey.  Hope you're ready for Monday and thanks for stopping by.

Edited to add: Awarded Top 3 at A Passion for Papertrey--yah!

17 comments:

  1. Hello Greta
    Elegant, sensual Purple, it is a complex colour embracing a diversity of undertones linked with artistry and uniqueness. A much underused colour.
    Your palette errs on the side of Lavender; the softer side of Purple, more sentimental and genteel.
    Your design is wonderful I especially like the embossed Bg of squares to complement your circles. Great card.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta! Just love colors in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love that the squares are repeated through every element - the circles, the embossing, even the fab ribbon :D too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning... my favourite colour Greta. Love your Ombre look

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is simply LOVELY, Greta! I love the FUN shape & all the wonderful details! The hearts are a SWEET touch, and the perfect finishing touch! Well done!
    How wise of you to create ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT card for your hubby Greta! The ombre effect turned out beautifully. My neighbor's hubby likes purple too. He even has little Christmas tree in his den all done up in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for the comment you left in my little blog, the birds-blog :-)
    Congratulations for all your works that are all very very beautiful!
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Greta!
    Love your card, it is so well balanced!
    Look at this fun contrast between the squares on the embossed background and the circles ;-)
    How cool is hubby if he likes purple!!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta fun round card, why not Valentines in July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valentines in July makes total sense to me!! Love your card - shades of purple are simply lovely! Your explanations are always a delight to read! As I've written before; you are always, always a source of inspiration and joy!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you, getting a jump start on your Valentine's day cards! I love the ombre circles and how your card shape reinforces them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are inspiring me Greta! I hate making cards I need at the last minute too! Love the ombré shading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Greta!! I don't think its cheating either!! Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't wait until V-day to give this card to him, I'd pack it in his lunch so he'd have a sweet surprise waiting for him. That is a cool technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful plaid circles! I love how you've overlapped them and think I would probably have had to hold my breath so long stamping something like that I would have need a nurse! A wonderful Valentine and how nice to have it done already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card turned out beautiful, love those interlocking circles!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.