Friday, September 18, 2026

Halloween and Friendship

I'm honored Nonni asked me to join her Vintage Vibes Card Making Hop on IG.  It's not a style I make very often, but I have the perfect Halloween paper by Graphic 45.  
My dear friend, Betty, sent me home with several sheets the first time I visited her.  I darkened the edges of the panel and added brown Distress Stickles to the sunflower centers.  For the mat, I embossed brown cardstock with Altenew's Playful Leaves folder.  I inked and lightly distressed the edges before adding the light tan lace and pearls from my stash.  If you use IG, check out the creations of the many talented designers.  You can find the list of participants in my IG post.  I'm entering WAW
Next is my idea of a seasonal transition card with flowers and what I call dusty ink colors.  I've only made one card with SSS Long Stem Florals and I didn't use the stencils.  
Love the look of these images and it's really fun to add color with the stencils.  The inks I used are Altenew's Glacier Iris, Amethyst, Dusty Pink and Sagestone.  I die cut the panel with PFS Nesting Postage Rectangle and splattered with black ink.  Thought the font of this Verve sentiment went perfectly with the flowers.  Pretty sure that Verve stamp set had never been used and it has lots of wonderful small sentiment stamps.  I'm entering SSS IG, SSS Flickr, WAW and NBUS.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


7 comments:

  1. I didn't think that looked much like a Greta card, but it is nice once in a while to step out of our comfort zone. It is a great vintage card and I love the lace. Your second card is much more you and I love the splatters xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage style card is beautiful, it’s a style I rarely make too. I love the simplicity of the stamped image on your second card, a gorgeous creation.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two marvelous makes, Greta! You did a great job with you Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta, both of your cards are so very lovely! I especially love the vintage Halloween card. It’s very subtle and not scary at all. The lace is so very pretty and vintage. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. We always appreciate seeing the beautiful things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vintage postcard on card one and I love your flower trio on card two, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second is very stylish Greta, but that first just stunning, as a lovely of Autumnal/Fall creation this very much appeals, especially with the vintage vibes.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely paper and a sentiment I have somewhere on a wood block. your second card is fantastic, love the postage stamp edges along with the very appropriate sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.