Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Note Card and Christmas Card

I love stencils, so didn't want to miss the JUGS challenge which is about to close.  I also wanted to make another Artichoke and Purple card for Color Hues, as my first card had very little purple.  Unfortunately, I missed the deadline.  
I started with a PTI Vogue Vases white diecut.  I found a stencil from a friend that looked made for the vase and it worked great!  After using CN9 Plumberry through the stencil, I lightly brushed over the vase with the leftover ink.  I "glazed" my pottery with clear embossing powder.  I colored the diecut greenery from Memory Box and Poppystamps with CN9 Artichoke.  The same ink was used with Memory Box Texture Distressed Grid stencil on green cardstock.  I've seen some cards I like with pops of white, so I kept Poppystamps Little Layered Asters white and used Plumberry to color the centers and brushed them with shimmer.  I splattered white gouache and added the panel to a slightly larger white card.  I'm also entering SSS Monday and WAW.
I'm happy to have one more Christmas card completed.  No dies, just stamping, and it's flat for mailing.
The background is SSS Poinsettia Background stamped in CN9 Evergreen.  NOEL is a very old Penny Black stamp which I'd forgotten about.  I opened my last jar of JudiKins Egyptian Gold embossing powder--so beautiful in person!  It's been in my stash a long time.  Would you believe it cost $2.50?!  I used a gold sparkle pen to color the letters and added Christmas Red Stickles to the berries.  You can get an idea of the sparkle in my IG post.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday and WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.