As I was looking for an old card in my blog, I came across some I'd made using my neglected Distress Paints. That inspired me to pull them out for another Thanksgiving card.I used a wet flat brush with peeled paint, fired brick, abandoned coral and wild honey. Poppystamps Whittle Field and Trees die was cut from a shimmery brownish coppery cardstock which is really beautiful in person. I found just the right sentiment in GKD Autumn Wreath Builder. Versafine Clair Pinecone stamped perfectly on the paint, although I did double stamp just to be sure it was completely inked. I seldom use color block techniques, so it was fun to do something different. I'm entering JUGS using the picture of the trees in the top center of the mood board. Also entering Time Out since Fall colors here are shades of green, red, orange and yellow. The trees have really started changing colors in the last 2 weeks. My card is also going in the galleries for Poppystamps, SSS Monday and WAW.
Wednesday, September 23, 2026
Thanksgiving Cards
Finally made a card with PTI's Fall Bouquet stamps and dies. The PTI September Challenge colors are Sweet Blush, Harvest Gold and Orange Zest. Fun to use my Sweet Blush and Orange Zest patterned papers a friend gave me. I also used Sweet Blush cardstock and ink, Harvest Gold cardstock and ink and Orange Zest ink. The pumpkin, flower cluster and sentiment (Take 3 Fall) were white embossed. I used second generation stamping with Orange Zest for the outline of the sunflower and leaves before using the solid stamps with Harvest Gold. The flower center was filled with Stickles. I need a new Sweet Blush ink cube, so had to stamp the leafy branches multiple times using my MISTI. Cover Plate: Herringbone was cut from Sweet Blush cardstock and Shape Shifters: Circle 3 from vellum. I found tiny gems in my stash to finish off this card with more layers than I usually make, but I really enjoyed putting it together.
Labels:
designer paper,
Die Cut,
Distress Paints,
Gina K,
Poppystamps,
PTI,
PTI inks,
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Two beautiful cards Greta, so different with the delicate colours on the first card and vibrant colours on the second.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx