Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Note Card and Christmas Card

I love stencils, so didn't want to miss the JUGS challenge which is about to close.  I also wanted to make another Artichoke and Purple card for Color Hues, as my first card had very little purple.  Unfortunately, I missed the deadline.  
I started with a PTI Vogue Vases white diecut.  I found a stencil from a friend that looked made for the vase and it worked great!  After using CN9 Plumberry through the stencil, I lightly brushed over the vase with the leftover ink.  I "glazed" my pottery with clear embossing powder.  I colored the diecut greenery from Memory Box and Poppystamps with CN9 Artichoke.  The same ink was used with Memory Box Texture Distressed Grid stencil on green cardstock.  I've seen some cards I like with pops of white, so I kept Poppystamps Little Layered Asters white and used Plumberry to color the centers and brushed them with shimmer.  I splattered white gouache and added the panel to a slightly larger white card.  I'm also entering SSS Monday and WAW.
I'm happy to have one more Christmas card completed.  No dies, just stamping, and it's flat for mailing.
The background is SSS Poinsettia Background stamped in CN9 Evergreen.  NOEL is a very old Penny Black stamp which I'd forgotten about.  I opened my last jar of JudiKins Egyptian Gold embossing powder--so beautiful in person!  It's been in my stash a long time.  Would you believe it cost $2.50?!  I used a gold sparkle pen to color the letters and added Christmas Red Stickles to the berries.  You can get an idea of the sparkle in my IG post.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday and WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



15 comments:

  1. Two stunners Greta. I just adore the first one... the green and purple together looks amazing. The vase looks incredible with that stencil. Your Christmas card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers in the vase look wonderful and so real, and the background design complements them perfectly. An exceptionally beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta, this is a beautiful card! It’s absolutely incredible that the stencil that went over the vase and the vase did not come from the same set. You’ve done a great job matching those up! I love the total look of the card. I’m so sorry you missed your deadline. I have had that happen too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word art Wednesday! We have a new challenge starting today, so be sure to pop on over and play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vase on card one, Greta - love your take on avocado/purple!! Can't go wrong with purple in my book! Love the big NOEL with the poinsettia background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job combining those challenges, Greta! So happy to have your lovely card in our JUGs gallery! Pretty Christmas card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Greta. That purple and green one is stunning. Shame you missed the deadline. That often happens to me and I usually end up not bothering to post the card at all. I am glad you didn't do that xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely card Greta, the Christmas one has a super focal word, but the first pips it today, gorgeous colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vase card! It is so pretty in gorgeous color and the stenciling! Pretty flowers, too!
    Lovely Christmas card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful, Greta! I really appreciate your creative talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Greta! Such lovely colours on card #1. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cards Greta. Love the way you used the stencils on the first and your flat Christmas card is an eye-catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta your first card is so fabulous! I love the stencilled background and the super modern vase! So lovely! Your Christmas card with the beautifully coloured NOEL is perfect to add to your collection! You also are reminding me to get at my Christmas cards. Fingers crossed no strike this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your vase is fantastic. What a great idea to use the stencil and it came out so unique. The Noel card is beautiful and I had to laugh at the $2.50 for the embossing powder. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards, The vase is so creative, seeing the pattern from that stencil, is creative. The Noel card is beautiful and with the gold, fabulous. $2.50? that’s been with you a little? while :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Greta. What a lovely birthday card.
    It’s very original.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.