I was delighted to get these unique and wonderful dies. My brother-in-law spent every day fishing when our 2 families vacationed together at Shasta Lake. I used the top fish for his 2017 card and then forgot about the dies. This is the first time I've used the bottom fish. Both of them were stacked 2 high making them more like chipboard. The printed paper was in a stack of similar designs of different colors recently given to me by a friend. This sheet made me think of the ocean. I searched for the right sentiment and finally realized I could use just the letters from the birthday die in Altenew's Essential Sentiment Strips. Perfect size for my vertical greeting. Pretty sure my BIL (and my sister) are going to like this card. So fun to have something come together in the end like you want. I'm also entering NBUS.
Tuesday, July 7, 2026
Forgotten Dies
Thanks to the theme at JUGS, I found just what I needed to make my brother-in-law's birthday card. In 2017 a friend sent me several dies when she was destashing. Among them was Penny Black's Fancy Fish which is still available and on sale!
Labels:
Altenew,
Birthday,
designer paper,
Die Cut,
Penny Black
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The design paper works perfectly for an underwater scene, and the card looks great. It’s nice to see those dies being used again.
ReplyDeleteGreat card for a guy. The paper is perfect for a water look. Great dies, it's always a great felling when get to use something that you've had for a long time. Happy day to you!
ReplyDeletecindys-greencricut
Greta, I love this blue beauty and the striking fish that stand out in front of your beautiful paper background! Isn't it fun to use an old favorite? I haven't been to Lake Shasta in years but I know how much fun you all must have had there! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a cool card. That paper is awesome and perfect for those great fish dies. It's nice to have those wonderful memories.
ReplyDeleteThat paper background is just perfect for those lovely fish. So well put together xx
ReplyDeleteSounds like the fisherman will love this, Greta! Those fish are fun and the paper is really cool. Thanks for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Greta. Beautiful paper and perfect fish dies.
ReplyDeleteA nice cooling feel from your Ocean inspired card Greta.
ReplyDeleteB x
Beautiful composition with the vertical sediment and that pp is perfect for an ocean background, Greta! I'm pretty sure you're right that they will both love this card! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteIts a perfect card, and I do love the vertical sentiment.
ReplyDeleteThose fish dies look amazing with this paper Greta, such a cool card and perfect for your fisherman! Cathy x
ReplyDeleteA wonderful underwater scene! Awesome fish dies and love the beautiful blue paper! A great card for your brother-in-law!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous background for your fish duo, Greta - love this!!
ReplyDeleteFirst, let me say that seeing that one of the dog's name is Fritz reminded me of a neighbor that had a schnauzer and it was a miniature and the name of it was Fritz. He was so cute and I couldn't wait until they walked him. That way I could run out of the house to go pet him. A nice childhood memory. Love the card. We have a lot of fisher people in our family. It's hard to make a card for some of them so these are some great dies.[Bunny]
ReplyDelete