Monday, January 4, 2021

Joy & Love

The current Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge is to make a card inspired by a HA team member.  Most of you won't be surprised that I chose a Christmas card.  I love Seeka's gorgeous card with non-traditional colors & splatters--see card at end of post.  For my version I colored the Greenery Medallion Fancy die with a gray Copic & used my 2 new Stickles, True Blue & Gunsmoke, on the berries.  
The PB joy die cut was stacked a couple high & covered in the True Blue Stickles.  The little sentiment from W&W was stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer & attached with foam tape.  
I darkened the corners & edges of a gray panel with Distress Ink pumice stone & splattered with white gouache.  Gotta say, the color combo, sparkle & simplicity of this card makes me smile.  Hate to save this one for next year--haha!  I'm also entering ABNH, CAS Mix Up & SSS Wednesday via IG.



Here's my card for the ITP PTI With Love Challenge.  I chose one of the papers in the PTI Garden Gild kit & trimmed it with an old SSS die to fit in the corner of a Spring Rain panel.  
The sentiment from the kit was stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  I added some individual vellum die cuts that coordinate with the paper & used blue gems for embellishment.  Now maybe I'll use the other beautiful papers in the kit!  Thinking this could be an anniversary or birthday card.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


19 comments:

  1. I like the delicate designs of both cards, Greta! The colors you chose for your wreath are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards, but that first one is something special. I love the blue, white and grey and your splatters are perfect, so restrained. I always seem to go overboard with mine. thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations my friend... So sorry I haven't been able to visit more... Your gorgeous card arrived yesterday Thank you in advance of my birthday! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Greta! I love the layout and the softness of your second card! Your first card is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the soft colors in both cards, but especially in the first one - so pleased you shared your card with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What delicate and pretty cards with wonderful colours. Extra loving the first one and that amazing wreath x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful set of cards, greta! i just love the first one... that wreath is so beautiful and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors and designs Greta.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so gorgeous. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this pretty wreath with the turquoise and grey berries, Greta! The soft gray and white splatters are a perfect background! Love the corner design of the second card! Wonderful layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful cards, Greta!! So soft and pretty with wonderful color!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing!!! Both cards are so tender and the design are so beautiful!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Greta! Again your cards bring a smile to my face with their elegant simplicity. So sorry to read about the ongoing tension on the political scene. It must be worrying for all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beauties, Greta! Just love your "inspired by" card in blue & what a pretty paper in the corner of card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so impressed by your talents and persistence in creating and posting your beautiful cards! What a gorgeous wreath die and the delicate vellum leaves compliment your soft pattern paper wonderfully, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards Greta! Love the Christmas card with gray, blue and white. Great colours together. The design is so elegant ...what a lovely die! The splatters are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these cards, the soft colors are fabulous. I'm mellowing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH! Greta, I LOVE your first card, I thought it was made from Vellum, I love the grey card with the blue spots, so beautiful. Your second card is beautiful too, love the design and every detail.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beautiful cards. Love the crisp clean look of your Christmas wreath, and the splatters in the background look so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.