Saturday, January 25, 2020

Valentines

I'm trying to use my printed paper a little bit more this year & the FMS challenge was the perfect inspiration.  I bought a 12x12 sheet of the hearts paper many years ago & I still really like it.
The card front was stamped with 3 PRS splatter stamps using DI festive berries.  I used the same ink on a scrap of white cardstock, die cut a heart from IO & dry embossed it with a dotted folder.  The white dots in the paper led me to color the embossed ones with a white gel pen.  Then I covered the heart with Shimmer Pico Embellisher & added it with the MFT sentiment stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.
This may be one of my favorite sketches, so don't be surprised to see me use it again.  I'm also entering WAW.
Grab our badge:
Next is a card that doesn't necessarily look like a Valentine.  I use Valentine's Day as an excuse to send cards to friends & I figure they don't have to have hearts or red on them.  I had leftover die cuts from the first time I used my new Pinkfresh Dainty Blossoms set.
I smooshed these 2 with DI wilted violet, mermaid lagoon & cracked pistachio.  For the background I put fossilized amber on an acrylic block, spritzed & "stamped" the watercolor panel.  The sentiment from PF Delicate Wreath was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & I added dots of yellow Stickles. 
I'm entering Pinkfresh January Challenge using June for inspiration.  That month was Mix & Match which I did by using a PF die set with a PF sentiment stamp.

The calendar says winter, but here's what I saw walking Fritz today.  Maybe it will brighten your day if you have freezing temps, ice or snow!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Wow, Greta! Both your cards are SUPER! I am still trying to understand how you made the first card! You are so talented, my friend! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards. And don’t think Valentines necessarily need hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two sweet cards, Greta - and love the yellow blooms "if winter comes can spring be far behind?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your valentines are delightful Greta! That is cute heart paper and I like the smooshing on the second one. I haven't done that in a long time. Need to give it another try! CROCUS...oh my goodness, one can only dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patterned paper is a great time saver when making cards and I love the effect you created by combining the hears with the splatter stamping. Swooning over the delicate spring flowers with the yellow in the background. Utterly superb. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Crocus's are very early, here they are only just peeping through the soil. I really love the design of your first card and the jaunty angle of the DP's and the second is very delicate.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Valentine cards are always gorgeous and this one is no exception... There's those pretty wild flowers again and they look terrific with the smooshing. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Greta! Spring looks as if it's on it's way! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is lovely paper with the hearts and good for you using it. Could you start a challenge about using all our paper. It could be hearts one time, stripes another time, Halloween once and you get the idea. Let me know when it starts and I'm there. I love your multi colored blossoms and those beautiful flowers popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really pretty set of cards, greta! the crocus popping up in your neighborhood are definitely a smile inducing scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty paper on the first card and love the splat stamping and that pretty dot heart. Wow to the pretty colours on the second card and what a lovely idea to use Valentines to send cards to friends Greta x. Thanks for sharing the Spring flowers...no sign of them here in Scotland x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your paper and design Greta, such a lovely heart on it too. Your die cut and colour "smooshing" is beautiful and the crocus? WOW! we have daffodils coming into flower, but no crocus as yet.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rocked the FMS sketch Greta, perfect papers and techniques. Your second card is a delightful welcome to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Greta! The elements in your heart card all tie in so perfectly - great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you are using up your paper stash! I think we all need to do that more! I'm sure I have a lifetime and a half of paper myself! LOL It's a super cute Valentine's Day card and I love your Smooshed floral card.... such pretty delicate colors!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards! Love how you used those florals - and yay for spring on the way!!! Thanks so much for joining the Pinkfresh Studio January Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.