Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Valentine & Birthday Cards

I had one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments when TE released the Laurie Willison masking stencils.  Not in my budget right now, so I made one out of thin acetate & a rectangle die.  I attached it to a white panel that had a white embossed heart & sentiment from IO Valentine Hearts.
Then I brushed on a rainbow of Distress Inks: candied apple, abandoned coral, scattered straw, mowed lawn, blueprint sketch & dusty concord.  I added water & Perfect Pearl mist droplets.  I'm entering IO Have a Heart Challenge & SSS Wednesday.
Have a Heart 
Next is my entry for the Altenew January Inspiration Challenge.  I've been wanting to use my Altenew Tropical Fiesta watercolor markers.  Hopefully the colors are close enough to qualify.
I used a silver satin embossing powder with the Handpicked Bouquet image.  Then I dabbed on color with markers, spritzed with water & added more color until I was happy.  I backed it with a vellum die cut before attaching it to the gray panel die cut with Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover Plate.
The sentiment from Floral Frame was stamped several times in Versafine Clair Morning Mist & I added black sequins which my friend, Rosemary, gave me.  I'm hoping the beautifully vibrant colors brighten the day for a friend's winter birthday.
Edited to add:  Also entering DRU.
Altenew-January2020-InpirationChallengeGrab our Badge!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous Greta. Love both the cards today. Your first one is so beautiful with the soft colours. And love the design on your second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauties, Greta! Your framing around the rainbow rectangle with your mask is terrific and in my price range too! 2nd truck loads up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both so pretty, Greta - the watercolored flowers are gorgeous and love the rainbow background on your valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Greta. The rainbow inking on your Valentine is pretty and the coloring of your bloom is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you making your own stencil from acetate. The card is lovely and the white embossed heart is gorgeous with those soft colors. The name Tropical Fiesta makes me want to have an umbrella drink and dance but I can see how pretty it looks in colors too. Great card and love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards here Greta! I esp. love the one with the pretty flowers ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful designs yet again Greta! I love the rainbow design of your first card and the stunning floral design on your second! They're just beautiful!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creative idea to make your own mask/stencil on your first fabulous and vibrant card Greta. Wow to the stunning birthday card. Great colours, fabulous design and the grey cardstock looks amazing...loving this one x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and the colors on both are so vibrant and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors on both of these just make me happy! They're marvelous cards Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful vibrant happy colours and really beautiful cards Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job making your own masking stencil, Greta! Your rainbow background is beautiful and I'm swooning over your gorgeous birthday card! It's stunning!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS coloring Greta! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glorious colours on both your cards Greta. I'm always a fan of the rainbow effect and I like the way you created you own masking stencil. The grey background on the second card is the perfect foil for the vibrant blooms. The effect of the vellum underneath is gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your rainbow stenciling! That is just so pretty! And I am a big fan of that deboss look - beautifully painted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. I love the background! Your embossed heart is a beauty. I am so glad you could join the Impression Obsession Have a Heart Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card! The background and embossed heart are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.