Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Verve and PTI

Slowly catching up after a week of camping.  Just before Julee announced that Verve was closing, I bought the beautiful Autumn Blessings stamp set & dies.  So glad I did! 
Before we left I made & mailed a simple card.  The sentiment was free with one of my previous orders--one I will use a lot now that I finally inked it up.  The images were colored with glitter glue & Nuvo drops.  I used a scrap of Aqua Mist cardstock for the mat.  Much prettier in real life with the shine & sparkle.
Edited to add:  Thinking this qualifies for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge since I added color to the images--just not with inks or markers.

Couldn't stop looking at Dawn's cards for this week's PTI MIM challenge.  They're gorgeous, unique & modern!  I knew it would be a challenge for me, but I did thoroughly enjoy making a summer BD card for a blogging friend.  The scarey thing was having dies from so many different sets out at one time, but think I managed to get them all back where they belong.
Decided to use Lexi's color combo of Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet & Hawaiian Shores.  I also used Aqua Mist for the little stamped leaves.  So great to have PTI cardstock that matches the inks & boy do I save every little piece which came in handy for the Harvest Gold die cut flower centers.  Still have a bit more of that little strip which I'll eventually use up.  At the last minute I added small PTI heavy weight vellum die cut blooms as the bottom layer of the small flowers.  Surprising how much that adds.  The stamps & dies are Turning a New Leaf, Friendly Flowers, Twig Wreath, Lovely Layers, Mat Stack 3 (cut off the word belated) and Mix & Mat: Flourishes.  I added 2 extra layers of cardstock to the panel & mounted the large flower with foam tape.  The embellishments are Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops which I used for dots & like glitter glue to the flower centers.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground, SSS Wednesday & WAW.
Papertrey Ink BlogSnippets Playground BadgeGrab our badge:

28 comments:

  1. i loved Dawn's post too and you have done her idea proud with your gorgeous card - love your Verve card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties, Greta - just love the bits of gold on card one!! Love the layers on card two too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, Greta, lovely designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greta you have made two beautiful cards,love the colours,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so fresh and pretty Greta. I love the curved leaves on the first card and the "holey" border on the second one. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite MIMs. Your two cards share beautiful colors and great design elements. My faves: the sentiment & coloring technique on the first card and the dotted frame grounding your die cuts. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Dawn's video too and want to give it a try, you've done her proud! These are both as pretty as can be Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suser fabulous set of cards, Greta! Your take on the MIM challenge is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards Greta. The first one is so elegant looking. Really beautiful and love the second one just as much

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS cards, love the colouring with glitter glue and Nuvo drops. Love the dies and layers of the second card.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL cards both, Greta!!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was surprised when reading that Dawn's MIM would be a challenge for you because your first card almost falls into the reverse flowers category and it is simply wonderful, Greta. (I've already pinned it.) Your second card is almost as fabulous (been leaning toward simpler, less layered cards lately). The long curved stamped leaves are a perfect balance to the main arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find your blog, but thank you so much for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful Greta! Love both cards, and especially the one for Dawn's challenge. Can't believe you had any problem creating such a gorgeous, and beautifully laid out card! And I have to giggle when you mention having so many dies out at one time... SO hard to get them back where they belong! Ha! Didn't realize Verve was closing, thanks for the heads up. Will have to pay them a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are beautiful Greta, I really love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet and ladylike, Greta! I love them! That first one reminds me of precious old time embroidered pillow cases which I love!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful beautiful cards! Love them both! Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, coloring with stickles and nuvo drops is so cool and the card just sparkles. That is a fun idea. Those colors on the second card are beautiful together. I love the design and how you made the open dots for the panel. Have a fun, crafty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card(s) Greta - love the colours!

    Wonderful to see you playing along with us.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Greta!! These are both sooo gorgeous!! I love the stamped arrangement on the first card - it's so delicate and sweet! And I ADORE your take on Dawn's card! So gorgeous and totally modern! Love both to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both of your beautiful cards, Greta! The MIM challenge had me scratching my head and it seemed to take me forever to create a card for this week~I also had many dies scattered around my craft room. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two stunners, really like the design on the first one.
    I had heard about Verve closing, sad that a few stamp companies seem to be closing lately xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greta, your MIM card is so pretty. Lovely colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards Greta! I love the colors you come up with for your designs... They're always so lovely.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two gorgeous gorgeous cards. The colors are so soothing and designs are so CAS, so delicate and so pretty. Love the layering you achieved on the second card. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these two cards such pretty colours. Another stamp company gone. Such a shame. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.