Friday, June 22, 2018

Redo of Love

I'm really enjoying the PTI Transformation Tuesday challenges.  This time I found a card in my stash I should never have posted. 
Original Card
The design in the hexagons doesn't show & I'm not happy with the watercoloring.  My new card also has an embossed geometric background (Cover Up: Diamonds), watercoloring, die cut Love & sentiment from Counting My Blessings. 
New Card
This time I smooshed the embossed panel with Distress Oxides Broken China, Worn Lipstick & Wilted Violet--drying between each color.  The word die cut was stacked 3 high & covered with Nuvo Crystal Glaze.  This time I stamped the sentiment in Vintage Cream & clear embossed on black.  The panel was matted with black & attached to a Vintage Cream card.  I like gray with pastels, but in this case the black is better to my eye.  The black dots are done with Pico Embellisher.  Now I have a card that will actually get mailed!  I'm also entering CAS(E) this Sketch, CropStop, SSS Wednesday & WAW.  Still way behind, but I'll catch up with you as soon as I can.

Papertrey Ink BlogChallengesGrab our badge:

21 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself Greta, I think the soft sublet background on your first card looks wonderful, It's a lovely card. Your revised version is fabulous too. I've always liked that love die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun smooshing technique and I love the way that embossed geometric pattern looks on your beautiful card! Thanks so much for linking up to Cropstop -- we're getting close to 100 links this month (which if we top it we'll get to give away TWO prizes!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. both cards are really pretty, but there's something about the second one that just is a more classy - i think it's the way you did the sentiment - amazing how one small thing can make such a big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greta i love them both too ,such pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your redo is absolutely fabulous, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, I love how you changed up the background on the redo. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both look good to me Greta, the colour on the second is stronger and probably makes the sentiment pop a little more, but are lovely.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful redo and take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure why you don't like your watercoloring, I LOVE it the colours and softness are very beautiful xx Hope you are all well my lovely ? sending lots of love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both too Greta. The colours are beautiful, love the embossed backgrounds and the smooshing/water colouring of the colours look beautiful. The die is great too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card makeover Greta! I love the pretty colors!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful redo Greta. the new background is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are wonderful, Greta! Beautiful color on the backgrounds and can’t help but love the love die!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is Amazing! LOVE your design and creative bg!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your redo! The darker Love and the new background texture are so smart looking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must say that I like both of your cards. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are beauties, Greta! I like the hexagons on card one - so what if the design didn't show, looks great anyway! I like the pop of the black on card 2 with your smooshed and embossed background!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both pretty and very soft colors. I do like the cover die on the remake but I love both cards. That is a nice idea to do a transformation of an older card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.