Friday, September 23, 2016

Masculine Florals

Wow--I never go this long without posting a card! Usually I have lots of time to do what I want, but my trip & work & company all came together. 
The weather is definitely changing, so we took advantage of a nice day to go for a very long drive. I snapped this picture when we stopped to stretch our legs. I finally did get a couple cards made after realizing I don't have time for most of the challenges I planned to enter.  Started at the top of my list with PTI MIM where Betsy's theme is Using Florals on a Masculine Project.  
I wanted to make a thank you for my cousin & his wife, so it was just what I needed.  My color combo is Canyon Clay, Harvest Gold & Ocean Tides.  I used Twig Wreath for all but the sentiment which is from Take 3 Summer.  I thought it might have a bit more masculine feel not stamping the die cuts. Gotta admit, it was hard not to add glitter or pearls--haha! I'm also entering Curtain CallHLS Anything Goes with Dies & SSS Work It Wednesday.
workitwedbanner
Next is my card for SSS Flickr Challenge #54. Finally tried using alcohol inks on vellum--something I've seen Virginia do several times.  I just used a scrap of vellum to see if it would work using Butterscotch, Lettuce & Cranberry.  I die cut SSS Clustered Leaves in 3 sections to get as much as I could from the piece. Usually I cut it apart anyway.  I do love the look of the leaves, so will try this again with my other ink colors. Haven't used my burlap in a long time, so attached a piece to kraft cardstock & die cut a couple images from SSS Spring Flowers.  I wasn't happy with the look, so colored the large one with the Butterscotch ink & the small one with Cranberry. The sentiment from Elizabeth Craft is stacked 3 high & clear embossed. Finished off with PPP gold sequins & a little brown button I've had for many years.  I'm also entering The Playground & CropStop. Thanks so much for stopping by as I continue to catch up on your blogs.
Snippets Playground Badge

26 comments:

  1. A masculine card with flowers is a real tricky one Greta but I think you got it spot on and also love the second card with all the warm Autumnal colours and leaves.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Greta. You've made two lovely cards and the first has a really rustic look and love the second one two with your alcohol ink leaves. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, Greta! I especially love the colour combination of your wreath and the pretty arrangement of the floral cluster!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. two wonderful cards Greta - love love the alcohol colors on the leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great, Greta. Agree the flowers look more masculine not inked and look more like stars. Your leaf clusters of inked vellum are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful masculine thank you card with the pretty wreath, Greta! I'm sure your cousin and his wife will apprecitate the thoughtful card! And, your second card is just lovely with the gorgeous vellum leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your masculine Fall card came along. Really "handsome" and sophisticated, Greta. Am I pleasantly surprised that I enabled you to try alcohol inks and vellum !? Isn't it neat? I love the rich hues and colors that you have achieved. Thanks for making me smile! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards Greta. Well designed and clean. superb.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a PRETTY pair of cards Greta!! The colors on your wreath card are perfect for September. And my goodness are the leaves on your second ever gorgeous!! Missed you sweet friend, glad to see more of your works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous set of cards, greta... you really nailed the MIM challenge on the first card!! the alcohol inked leaves are so pretty on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the flowers on the masculine card and the burlap and leaves on the second card are fabulous! thanks for wishing me luck; i'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful cards!! Love the pretty leaves, they look so delicate and your wreath is so lovely... Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both cards and you snippets card is absolutely fabulous Greta! Wonderful how you made the leaves and the burlap flower goes so well. Also, that embossing folder is a gem isn't it! So much stylish texture and really versatile.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Greta!! I really like how you used the circle dies for your wreath...what a really cool look! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love both cards Greta. your masculine card is perfect with all the die cuts and color combo. Sweet! Those leaves are dramatic and wow...really put me in the mood for fall. We are finally having a cooler day today. I may even put on long sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are fabulous Greta. The first one is a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just beautiful Greta. The alcohol inks make such a neat colour on three leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta, you did a great job with your floral masculine card !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these cards are pretty. I think your cousin will like this card for sure. I've not tried alcohol inks on vellum but now that I see how great this looks I must try that. Those leaves are just gorgeous. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, isn't it the truth that it is hard to not add glitter, glitz, pearls or something girly? It's just our nature. That alcohol ink on vellum.... wowzah! That's a fabulous look. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have given away all the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've convinced me that I need to try alcohol inks on vellum! Love these leaves and your burlap flower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your MIM card and how you stamped the twig wreath on the circle. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely! Your masculine card is perfect and I love the autumn look of this beautiful wreath. Your leaf card is breathtaking; it looks so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta, both cards are simply beautiful.
    Love the colors on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Cards Greta!!! i love the first one more...so so gorgeous..Thank you so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.