Thursday, November 5, 2015

Very Merry

It's no secret I LOVE the PTI MIM challenges.  This week Melissa's video shows her making an absolutely adorable Christmas tree with fabric strips, ribbon & trim.  She said it's easy & a good project to do with kids.  Didn't fool me--I knew it'd be a challenge--haha! To begin with, I stopped sewing nearly 40 years ago. My selection of scraps is very limited, but I was determined to use what I have, including a cinnamon stick for the trunk.
Tying on the scraps is easy, but I'm not sure if anyone would know it's a tree without being told--haha!  I did have a ball making this, though, so it was a success! First time to use my PTI Small Sketched Stars.  I left the little pieces in & covered them with Champagne Glitter Glue. Other PTI products are Fine Linen cardstock, Tiny Tags die & stamp and Canvas/Linen Impression Plate.  I stamped the tag & inked the edges with Distress Ink vintage photo.  By the way, Beacon 3-in-1 glue worked great--no need to get out my never used hot glue gun.  I'm also entering these challenges: Cuttlebug Mania (trees--I use a Big Shot), City Crafter Challenge Blog (Christmas) & Virginia's View (texture).  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
November Challenge: All about Textures

26 comments:

  1. I think it definitely looks like a tree Greta, and a cute one at that! Loving all your little accents too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute Greta and I LOVE your layered stars as the topper, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tree! I am done with mine too, posting it tomorrow! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your ribbon tree is gorgeous... love it ! Have a great weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the layered stars! Great idea to leave the interior pieces. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I recently saw making these trees on That addicting Pintrest and thought they would be fun to make with the grandkids. I may put it as a Christmas craft in their advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ribbon tree turned out so lovely, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute,Cute,Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very CUTE, Greta! Love all the trims, cinnamon stick, and stars! Looks like a fun project to try!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun take on the MIM challenge, greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ribbon tree Greta. This is where the ribbon collections can come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusual and stunning creation. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting card Greta. You did an amazing job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely fabric tree (I'm wondering if my recipient will work out mine's a tree too & I used acrylic glue the hot glue gun is messy)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you did it?! I wasn't sure what to think of the concept when I watched the video but now that I see your beautiful take, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it doesn't matter if it doesn't look like a tree, it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tree is superb...those strips of material, combined, is totally gorgeous! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tree Greta...love the fabrics you used, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful fabric tree, Greta! Love the star topper and button ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet tree Greta! Love your glittery star and antiqued tag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your ribbon tree and I bet is smells wonderful with the cinnamon trunk

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful tree and a wonderful star!
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like lots of fun! I'll bet ribbons would work good too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH, Greta, this turned out beautifully!
    Fabulous take on the MIM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.