Sunday, March 2, 2014

First Easter Card

I was intrigued with Yana's video showing her technique for watercoloring with spray mists.  My spray mist collection is huge, so had to give it a try.  I used Heidi Swapp Bronzer & Tattered Angels English Ivy on watercolor paper.  I like the interesting almost grunge effect I got and, of course, the shimmer.  The current ODBD challenge is to make a shaped card, so I die cut my piece with Spellbinders Labels 17.  Then I stamped the largest image from ODBD Fancy Labels using VersaMagic Niagara Mist.  The ODBD Vine Cross is stamped in Memento Olive Grove, watercolored with the Bronzer & then stamped again in the green. The card front is spritzed with the Tattered Angels & the piece is mounted with foam tape.  Couldn't decide on any embellishments, so ended up leaving it as is.  This was an interesting experiment & I plan to try it again with other colors.  I'm also entering my card at Pixies Snippets Playground. I always get a little behind on my blog reading when I work, but I'll catch up with you soon.  So glad you took time to stop by. 



24 comments:

  1. I love the shabby worn look your waterc oloring with mists gave this piece. It's gorgeous! You were right to leave off embellishments. They would have been a distraction I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your card...I must check into this WC technique, Yours came out so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Greta! Love the shape and the spritzing that frame the lovely cross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Greta! I love that you chose mists for your water coloring...off to check out the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning effect, lovely card Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Greta!! I think no bling was a great choice, it lets the pretty cross stand on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Greta!!! and I agree, no bling needed that cross is so stunning. Looking forward to seeing many more beautiful Easter cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Greta! You made it this week...so glad! Your card is beautiful, and I love the colors and the great technique! Another beauty, sweet friend! So glad you got to join us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge...you always shine! Warm hugs, precious friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P. S. Oops...forgot to tell you I love your shape and the dies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabby card, greta... the watercolor effect you created looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful design, love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the misty ethereal look you have obtained. The image is stunning and reminds us what Easter is really all about!
    Wonderful card. Can't wait to see this done with other colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely, I must hop over to see the tutorial too, thanks for sharing the link! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful soft and gentle look Greta - a perfect Easter card.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card using the water color spritzing Greta!! I just love the stamped frame, the cross and your elegant shape. Beautiful as always my friend!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD again this week. I always enjoy seeing your creations as well as your take on each challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Easter card with cross image and use of the spray mists! Lovely die cuts used, too! Have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Siggh....what a beautiful card, Greta! Perfect and lovely just as it is. Swooning.... Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the background you created, Greta! And the shaped card is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is BEAUTIFUL! A gorgeous and true Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very pretty Greta! Beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the rich aged feel of this design! Beautifully done! Thank you for inspiring me this morning and congratulations on your selection at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely design Greta, you worked the technique perfectly on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply beautiful Greta! Lots of work but the end result is a wonderful Easter card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.