Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentine Wishes


January-Blog-Hop-InspirationI love participating in the PTI Blog Hops & I have a lot of their stamp sets that would be great with a black background.  My newest one is Quilled Elegance & since I hadn't had a chance to ink it yet, that's what I chose to work with.  2 of the images were randomly stamped with Brilliance Platinum Planet on black cs to make the background--love the soft shimmer!  For the sentiment piece I stamped the image in Brilliance Rocket Red onto white cs, but it was a little too large for my card, so I trimmed it down.  Then I sponged on the same ink, shading a bit darker in the centers.  The sentiment is one of my old favorite stamps by Savvy Stamps & is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I added some Stardust Stickles & 3 tiny red pearls & popped it up before attaching the entire piece to a white textured card.  I'm also entering this into the  Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Thanks for checking out my work & enjoy the rest of the hop!



18 comments:

  1. Your 'quilling' is lovely. Looks like you shaded the pink? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely amazing, greta!! love how you used the chalkboard technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love the layout of your card - it jumped out in the PTI gallery of blog hoppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful, Greta! You make me want ti buy that quilled set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Greta, I love the quilled elegance background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and feminine, without being too frilly. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Love the splash of red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is beautiful, but the band of color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous, elegant card, Greta!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bg stamping on the black cardstock, Greta! Love the pop of the red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty! i love that coral against the black...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the splash of hearts coming off the sentiment, Greta! So fun with the silver on black background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous Greta. What a great background. Love the way the ink shows up on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Greta! Ilove this card....the background is so cool and it really makes a perfect setting for the red to pop off of!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Greta! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.