Thursday, March 1, 2012

Friends

I had a hard time coming up with something to do for the current Shining The Light Challenge for ODBD here & I didn't want to miss the chance to make a shaped card (love them!), so pulled out this beautiful Basic Grey pp called Two Scoops.  I started by making the card using one of my favorite Spellbinders Nesties--Labels 9.  Then I looked through my ODBD stamp collection & decided on the first stamp (Friends) I bought which is the verse from a song I've always liked--good thing because it ran through my head over & over & over--LOL!  It is stamped with Brilliance Starlite Black & clear embossed on the next size down Nestie turned the other way.  I added pink grosgrain ribbon & some pearls & popped it up on the card.  The butterfly is from the Don't Worry set.  It was stamped in black & embossed with clear ep, colored with Memento markers, cut out & sprayed with Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz Frost & popped up on the edge of the verse.  The card is a little plain, but I think that's OK for this one.  Sorry I couldn't get a pic that was sharp.  Thanks for coming by--I always appreciate hearing what you think.

8 comments:

  1. so glad that you were able to make something for the challenge, greta!! what a fantastic shaped card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colors and love the shape of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pink and green, so I loved it the minute I saw it, Greta! Wonderful shape and beautiful design! Good luck in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shaped card, I love your butterfly and your plaid dsp, thanks for joining us ta ODBD shining the light challenge! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta it is so wonderful to see you pop up on my blog these days, and I enjoyed reading your post.
    I disagree very much that your card is plain!!!!
    Your Bg is lovely and the butterfly gorgeous, and like you I love shaped cards.
    So lets agree then that this is a pretty lovely card.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sue... by no means plain. Love the pretty PP and love the way you layered your nestie labels. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta the stacked shapes for the card design are wonderful. A very pretty touch with the ribbon extending beyond the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shaped card, love how you put the ribbon, Greta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.