Monday, February 20, 2012

A simple thank you card

I don't know about you, but I tend to have a pile on my table of what's left after I make a die cut.  I decided to see if I could use this black one for a simple thank you card for a co-worker.  She made the best potato cheese soup to celebrate my birthday--yummy!  This Hero Arts flower stamp (K361) hasn't seen much use, so inked it up with Brilliance Pearlescent Jade (much greener than it looks here) & embossed with clear EP.  The background is another little HA flower stamp (LL923set of 3) I've hardly used.  I like how you can get a totally different look by framing a square image with a circle.  Just added a little Stickles to the flower centers & wrote my message inside.


As you can see, I haven't made progress building this blog--hope to make it prettier eventually.  Thanks for all the well-wishes & hints.  Hope your week goes well with time for crafting.

7 comments:

  1. I love these sweet flowers, and they look so pretty in the pale blue against the dark background! So happy you're blogging, Greta - lookin' good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifull window card, Greta. Welcome to the blogger land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no simple about this Greta. It is so beautiful. Love the way the black frames the pearly Jade. I have that colour and yes it is much greener in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely thank you card for your co-worker, greta! your blog is lookin' good, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta I love your white flowers on the soft blue card stock! So soothing! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This leftover die cut makes a wonderful frame for the flowers. The soft, vellum dragonflies are a great accent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.