Friday, July 31, 2015

...the poetry of earth

Our Badge!!!Time for another challenge at Words 2 Scrap By & I hope my card inspires you to join us.  This month our theme is in celebration of Book Lovers Day & we have a list of titles to inspire you on our blog.  I chose "The Good Earth" & surprisingly the only stamping is the old Hero Arts sentiment.  I failed to make a note of who gave me the MME Bluebell printed paper pad, but I know it was a sweet blogging friend. One of my favorite ways to start the day is with a cup of coffee & a stamping magazine. It doesn't have to be new & in fact, this card was inspired by a Lindsay Amrhein creation in a 2012 issue.  I fell in love with the blossoms she made out of circles & just had to give it a try.  
Turned out to be easy & fun so I just might use printed paper again--LOL!  The flower center is clear embossed & a few pearls are the only embellishment.  I love sending cards when someone isn't expecting it & now I have another one ready to go.  So glad you took time to come by & I hope to see you in the gallery--you have until August 28th. I'm entering Anything Goes at SSS Wednesday.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Greta! Love the fancy blossom! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, You absolutely need to use dp on a more regular basis because this is GORGEOUS! Love this lovely flower you made from those pretty papers. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Words 2 Scrap By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes...I need to get out ALL of my pattern paper if I can whip out a card like this. So very pretty!!!! hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, Greta! I adore your gorgeous bloom! Such a pretty card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Greta, the paper bloom is beautiful. Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty colors and such a pretty flower...so creative...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this; the colors are right up my alleye and that flower is gorgeoeus; such a fab idea to make it with circles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card, greta... love the soft pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pretty patterned papers, I have been meaning to give that circle folding a try...you have inspired me again my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very creative, I will have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love that pretty flower and wonderful papers!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.