Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Celebrate America

  


Obviously too late to mail any more July 4th cards this year, but I'm taking one to a co-worker tomorrow.  When I saw the CASology cue word: fireworks, I knew I wanted to make her card using one of my fireworks stamps.  All the stamps on this card are old unmounted rubber ones I've hardly used, but really like.  If you have any here's a tip: mount them to your acrylic block with Poster Tape--works great!  I know the stars background is by Art Impressions (another Oregon company!) but I don't know about the others--too long ago & no markings on them.  I intended to have this card also be my entry for the 10 Minute Craft Dash, but it took me 11 minutes.  I had everything planned out & written down, so I must just be slow--LOL!  I made it under 10 minutes with another card I'll post later this week.  My inks are Brilliance Rocket Red & Mediterranean Blue--2 old favorites.  I see Simon Says Stamp has a Patriotic challenge now, so I'll enter this card over there, too.  So glad you took time to visit my blog.  

19 comments:


  1. This is a super card. I really like how you made your border with gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this patriotic card - your fireworks really pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the firework stamp and it looks great with the stars panel! I have quite a few timeless classic stamps from art impressions. I hope you have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous patriotic card Greta and a great combo of challenges...I'm amazed it took you 11 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the star stamp!! Super star spangled card, I love it!!

    Thank for playing with us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool design Greta, love the stars background and ribbon, I can't believe this only took you 11 minutes, well done:-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very FUN, I like your sparkly fireworks! Happy 4th Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love the sparkle of the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layered ribbon! And what a great fireworks stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Greta! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this, Greta! The star panel and the gingham ribbon trim are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are really rockin' the patriotic cards, greta! this is fantastic! so glad you were able to play along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's amazing that you did this card in 11 minutes! LOL, I don't think I've ever done a card that quick! Love the stars, fireworks and especially the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Greta - and under 11 minutes is impressive! The gingham ribbon is such a special touch! Stunning!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shimmery firework and the gingham ribbon! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous 4th of July card, Greta! I haven't tried the 10 minute challenge yet. I'm afraid I will fail miserably!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful texture, Greta, with the fabulous embossed firework burst, the luscious gingham ribbon border and the popped up stars panel! Perfectly patriotic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.