Monday, November 27, 2023

Challenges

Challenges are ending, so a quick post with my entries.
First is my card for Pinkfresh Studio Thanks challenge.  I've had the same great physical therapist for several courses of treatment over the past several years.  Decided to make a card for him, as hopefully he won't see me again! 
I used my favorite PFS Layered Wreath die cut from a panel of paper watercolored with Lindy's Magicals.  There's a short video in my IG post showing the beautiful shimmer.  The bottom wreath was die cut from a light green shimmer cardstock I've had for years.  The sentiment is from PFS Perfect Sentiments & the wooden dots are MME.
I mopped up the beautiful red shimmer mist I spilled with a panel of watercolor paper.  After it was dry, I embossed it with Altenew Perfect Poinsettias folder. 
For more definition, I rubbed the raised edges with Memento Rhubarb Stalk DewDrop ink pad & oh what a difference that made--love it!  I used my finger to add gold rush Lunar Paste to the flower centers. 
The Winnie & Walter Noel die was cut from a scrap also spread with the Lunar Paste.  I added red sequins with a dot of Christmas Red Stickles.  You can see the shimmer & sparkle in the video in my IG post.  I'm entering Color Hues: Red & Metallic Gold.
My last card is for the November Alex Syberia challenge.  I used the colors to make a birthday card with Spring Garden stamps, stencils & dies. 
The inks are CN9 Poppy, Cranberry, Clover & Evergreen.  For the blue I found an old textured cardstock & for the pink I used a marker to color the flower centers.  Star Dust Stickles & PFS gems add some sparkle. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  I'm working on catching up my blog reading.  


12 comments:

  1. Choices today Greta, was going to say the wreath was my favourite as so effective with two layers, then I saw the last one with the bold blooms.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cards Greta. Love the wreath card and those stunning flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layered wreath looks lovely as well as the embossed poinsettia card with the beautiful color. The colors and pretty flowers on the 3rd card make for a gorgeous card as well. Congrats on wrapping up your PT too btw, Continued good health in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three beauties, Greta - love the wreath with Lindy's, that yummy embossed bg on card 2 and the stunning blossoms on card 3 - you've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these lovely cards on Instagram, and was delighted to see the red poinsettias in our gallery at Color Hues! That's a favorite embossing folder of mine, and so beautiful with die cut gold sentiment. I love the way you've colored the berries in gold as an accent! Thanks for joining us this round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards for the challenges, Greta. Yay on your PT journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your cards and these are no exception. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a pretty wreath and I think your therapist will too! But those gorgeous poinsettias have me oohing and aahing tonight, my goodness how spectacular is that card! And finally, a lovely way to say happy birthday with those vibrant flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great save on the red shimmer!!!! Your card for our challenge is just gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing with my colors at Color Hues! - Jules

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta, your poinsettia card really captured me when I looked at your blog post. I love the depth of dimension you created with swiping the dark red ink pad over the shimmer mist covered embossed leaves and the touch of gold at the flower centers and the great die cut sentiment! Thank you so much for joining the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards, Greta! The wreath is gorgeous, the embossed background is amazing, but the last card is the stand out for me. The coloring is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 cards are so well made and so pretty. Loving that red one though - with the lovely embossing xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.