Monday, February 27, 2023

Almost March!

Wow--getting down to the wire for February challenges!  I finally came up with an idea for the Pinkfresh Studio Monthly challenge.  Most of the time I use the theme as I have trouble figuring out how to combine 4 or 5 colors on a card.  But using PFS Small Butterflies made it easy because they have 4 stencils for coloring. 
I pulled out pink, peach & 2 green inks for stenciling along with a soft yellow cardstock.  The butterflies were gold embossed before I stenciled & die cut them.  Decided to try my first grid card & finally got 6 of the butterflies laid out on the yellow panel. 
I stamped the 2 words from Delicate Wreath, covered the butterfly bodies with green Stickles & added tiny black gems to the antennae.  I'm also entering Die Cut Divas & SSS Monday.
Next is my entry for Memory Box Challenge 92.  I die cut the Pigment Craft Co cup from soft pink cardstock in the Memory Box Vintage Pastel Mirror pad & dry embossed it with Memory Box beautiful Blooming 3D folder.  
Poppystamps Scribble Hello was die cut from the the same mirror cardstock & white cardstock to give dimension.  The old MFT flourish was die cut from silver glitter paper.  
I scored a frame & brushed a bit of tan ink to ground the cup with the impression of a table.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.

My final card is made with another blue cardstock from a very old inexpensive paper pack.  This time I embossed with another favorite folder--SSS Refracted.  You can't really tell, but I swiped over the raised areas with a white dye ink pad.  It did slightly soften the look & I mounted it to a panel die cut with AJVD pierced rectangle.  
SSS Happy Birthday Brush Script is going to get a lot of use!  The size is perfect for cards & I love that the words come out in one piece, including the dot for the i!  I used the same blue cardstock & embossed with Hero Arts Sparkle ep.  That powder gives beautiful shine & shimmer without changing the color of the cardstock.  
I used white scraps for the shadow & SSS Etched Laurel Leaves.  Decided to add a vellum layer on top of the branch.  It looks lovely in person with glue just on the stems.  I love the look of clear drops for embellishments as they add something without being distracting.  I'm entering SSS Flickr 208 & SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



13 comments:

  1. As always such elegant card Greta. Hope tour rehab is coming along well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful trio of cards, Greta. The first one especially is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Three pretty cards, Greta. The last one is my favorite. It's such a wonderful shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous cards. Those golden butterflies certainly fit the challenge at Die Cut Divas for February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Greta. I love them all... and then with my Die Cut Divas hat on... thanks for sharing the first one with us. Love the gold and those soft pastel coloutes

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trio of pretty cards! I'm especially loving the colors on the last card, but they're all beautifully crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three terrific cards, Greta. I love that blue color and the embossed panel. The overlay of vellum on the leaves is so pretty and I do like that script,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous cards, Greta! Love your butterfly grid card with all the gold touches - thanks for linking up at the Divas! Pretty peach embossed cup too & I love the background texture on card three!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Greta! All great makes for the challenges and I love that it tells me you are feeling good! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful collection of cards, as usual. I think I am going to choose the third one as my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. all three cards are so soft and lovely, greta! reminds me of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with your Butterfly card. They are so pretty. Love the pastel colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful cards here Greta! Sorry I am so late leaving comments also ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.