Friday, November 18, 2022

Catching Up

As usual, I'm way behind posting cards on my blog.  Here are a few starting with my entry for PTI Melissa's Fab Friday.  It's always fun to use Melissa's inspiration for a card in my style.  For my pink, green & gold I used PTI Pale Peony, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Prairie Grass & Delicata Golden Glitz.  
I stamped with Pale Peony multiple times to get the dark petals & love the result.  The images are PTI Joyful Florals, the border is Border Bling: Skinny Diagonals Frame & the sentiment is from Splits: 'Tis the Season.  Hard to see, but I also added Frosted Lace Stickles to the flower centers & berries. 
The PTI dotted paper is from a friend.  I absolutely love Lucy's Clear Iridescent jewels mix which adds beautiful subtle sparkle that is especially great with pink projects.  I tend to put my focal point in a corner or off center, so it was fun to copy Melissa's design of a center focal point.  I'm also entering Die Cut Divas.
Next is my entry for Stay Crafty with Hero.  I stamped the envelope inspired by a JUGs challenge I didn't enter.  
I've always liked this design & recently this card on IG inspired me to make a similar card.  I used an old PB stamp set in my stash called Delicate Silhouettes along with dots from PRS Fall Colors & a 2003 wood mounted Hero Arts sentiment.  The inks are Altenew Fresh Leaf & Hydrangea along with Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Took me forever to actually draw the dark gray lines with a Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pen as I was afraid of ruining the card.  But then I realized I could always add a cardstock strip over the goof, but I didn't have to!  
Hard to see the white sequins which I chose because they don't compete with the stamped images.  This one went to a special blog friend.
Here's a Christmas card for Color Hues, SSS Flickr November & Snippets Playground.  I planned to make a wreath with SSS Etched Laurel Leaves die, but I really liked just layering them for a center piece. 
The branches were die cut from a scrap of white cardstock I smooshed with 4 different green Distress Oxide inks & splattered with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.  Adding the SSS Village building was inspired by this card on IG.  I embossed a white scrap with WOW White Twinkle powder & then die cut the building.  
I backed the windows with a gray scrap which I also used for the HoneyBee black embossed sentiment strip which I matted with another white scrap embossed in the same powder.  I embossed a panel of beautiful red cardstock with my favorite SSS 3D embossing folder called Refracted.  Just couldn't get the red quite right in the pictures, but it's a great Christmas red--no orange at all.  Tried a bunch of embellishments & settled on clear sparkling sequins.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Greta! I really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the cards are lovely. And it's always great to see one of your beautiful creations in the Color Hues gallery. I agree, the layered leaves are just wonderful--no need for a wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely display as always Greta, I did think my fav was the first until I saw the second, just love the fresh colour palette with a feel of Spring - dare I think about it this early?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely trio, and the middle one tugs at my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the cards displayed here Greta, but I've got my Snippets Playground Hat on and just love your Christmas red embossed and leafy card. Super layout.

    After you've finished playing Hopscotch with your pals, please come up to the Treehouse for a hot chocolate! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always such gorgeous work Greta, each card has its own stunning details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Greta! You've been a busy bee! I especially love your snippets card -great design and colours ..... and isn't it funny how we can try every gem and sequin we own - then come back to clear/sparkling at the end. I do it a LOT!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful cards you have here, Greta! I think it's brilliant that you put a house in the middle of those awesome branches. I love the smooshing technique as it always reaps great results. Thanks for being with us at Color Hues. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Greta. I especially love the first one, so pretty and feminine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these all Greta. Each is so special but have to say the soft pastels of your first one grabbed my attention. It is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful set of cards, greta. your take on melissa's card is so pretty. the second card is so delicate and the leafy spray on the third is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, especially the second one. Love the softness and simplicity. Just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely set of cards!! Thanks for playing with us this November at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been super busy making some beautiful cards. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous selection of cards here Greta! trying to get back into commenting now at last too lol ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great I am so far behind on everything...my blog, my cards, my photos! A certified mess--lol! I always adore all of your cards you are so much more together than I am! Your flowers, your branches, the embossed background. Each of your cards made with such care and detail!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three gorgous cards, Greta - especially love the red one with the branches and little house. Oh and btw, glad to see you at Die Cut Divas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.