Thursday, August 25, 2022

Altenew, Memory Box, Pinkfresh Studio

Wow--August is almost over!  Decided I better get my challenge cards posted.  First up is the card I made using Virginia's color combo for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  I didn't get around to using Leafy Border die last month, so was determined to pull it out this time. 
I got close to the colors using Distress Oxide vintage photo, CN9 Grapefruit & MFT Peach Bellini.  The blended panel is spritzed with gold shimmer spray--so pretty in person.  I stacked a couple border diecuts for a bit of dimension.  The sentiment is from Painted Greetings & I splattered all 3 inks.  Thought the old wooden dots in my stash were the perfect embellishment.
The Memory Box Challenge for August is to make a yellow card.  I have to admit, yellow is not a color I reach for very often.  However, I do have beautiful yellow Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.  I used them to turn a panel of watercolor paper yellow & embossed it with one of my favorite embossing folders: MB Blooming 3D.  
I added DO fossilized amber on the flower centers & the edges.  I carefully swiped just a bit of black ink around the entire panel & added black splatters.  The butterfly is made with MB Moonlight & Kaleidoscope dies.  The solid butterfly & antenna were die cut from black cardstock.  The detail butterfly was die cut from a scrap painted with the light yellow mist.  I glued the inside pieces to the base & discarded the outline.  MB Hello Friend Posh Script is one of my favorite dies & here I stacked a couple diecuts on the vellum shadow & added Nuvo Glaze.  Decided 3 yellow gems on the butterfly body was all the embellishment it needed.  
Beautiful Backgrounds is the Pinkfresh Studio Monthly Challenge theme & I immediately knew I wanted to use the beautiful Lush Vines stamp.  You can never go wrong with gold embossing an image, so that's what I did. 
I was in the mood for a neutral color palette & used antique linen & milled lavender Distress markers along with Desert Sand Memento marker.  The panel was cut into 4 sections to fit on the Classic Kraft card front.  The sentiment from Modern Layered Florals & the Dainty Blossoms diecuts were also gold embossed.  
There's a vellum circle behind the hemp tied diecuts & I used brown gems for embellishment.  I've used the sketch for the September CCC & I made sure the card arrived early so I could post it now. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


14 comments:

  1. You've been busy! These are all lovely, Greta! I don't reach for yellow very often either, but your card is so sunny and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! Yellow is not a color I reach for either, but I love yours--the embossing folder is gorgeous and the butterfly just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A distinct Autumnal feel to todays post Greta with three super cards.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are amazingly beautiful Greta. Just love the colours on your first one and the last one. And your yellow card is so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have brought yellow to new heights with this happy, bright card. It is so cheerful it made me smile this early in the morning. Both of the neutral cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful collection of cards Greta, gorgeous designs. I don't use yellow very often either, but your yellow card is fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am loving the light brown cards, so serene. And I know you know I adore your yellow creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All super cards. I love the look of the wooden blobs on the first card and my eye is drawn to that gorgeous yellow creation. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the fall vibes I'm getting from your cards, Greta! All three are so unique and pretty, but the finally one really caught my attention. Love the delicate look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the neutral colors on some of these and the texturing too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely collection of cards with hints of autumn in the colors. I love the beautiful die-cuts as well as the great embossing and design on each one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another 3 cards that I can't choose between. Love that die, the colours and those splatters on your first card, the amazing colour, texture and black splatters on the second and the soft delicate colour and stamped leaves on your final card. I thought I recognised that sketch, you are ahead of yourself this month. I am just starting to think about my CCC card xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Greta, I could not love it more! Your use of colors and die are awesome! Thanks for joining the August Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, This yellow butterfly card is even better in real life. So nice of you to have sent to me. It arrived this morning and truly brightened up my day. Thankyou so much. hugs mrs A. p.s. my dinning room has yellow walls and it now has pride of place on my dresser. XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.