Sunday, October 10, 2021

Fall Cards--Totally Different

I've seen lots of Fall cards using non-traditional colors.  That inspired me to use the GK Foil-Mates Bountiful Flourish which I foiled in Rose Gold a few weeks ago.  
A stacked Hero Arts Autumn Icons outline pumpkin die cut was left over from a previous project.  Love the aqua color, plus it's covered with beautiful sparkle from Inkon 3 Liquid Pixie Dust.  Couldn't let that go to waste!  I found a darker aqua cardstock & die cut the pumpkin again so I could inlay the pieces.  I used the same cardstock for the Spellbinders sentiment from the October 2020 Small Die Kit.  Needed something else & I've had felt on my mind with finally having cooler temperatures here.  Pulled out my old MFT dies--Small Rolled Rose & Prima Donna Petals.  
I remember my friend, Rosemary, used pink with rose gold & I just happen to have a shimmery pink cardstock, thanks to my friend, Vikki.  I entered the instagram ABNH texture challenge & I'm entering ModSquad & WAW.
PTI The Great Cover-Up challenge is to make a Halloween card. I don't have a lot of Halloween products, so had to get creative. I started by masking a rectangle--one of my favorite designs.
Then I black embossed the tree from Trendy Tree Tops.  The ink blending was done with Olive Twist, Saffron Spice, Canyon Clay & Amethyst Allure.  The sentiment from Taylored Expressions Boo to You was black embossed & I added 3 black Pico Embellisher dots.
I have a lot of talented on-line friends.  Mia does many things including painting, writing poetry & sewing.  Recently she sent me this beautiful zippered pouch she made!  
I'm using it to keep my current stitching project by my chair, so I can pick it up anytime.  Thanks so much, Mia!
I appreciate you taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



18 comments:

  1. I always admire your beautiful cards, Greta. You keep inspiring, my friend. I love how you made the Halloween card with the rectangle background and the trees.
    As for the zipper pouch, I am really glad you like it, sweetie. Enjoy!!! I send you BIG HUGS and many many kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. two fantastic projects, Greta - love the aqua pumpkin with the oranges, rusts - wonderful simplicity on the second card - and lucky you to receive that darling little pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your aqua pumpkin. Fun, fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the pretty blue pumpkin and the row of tress on the second card! And, lucky you to receive such a beautiful pouch, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know you had me with that pretty little rolled rose! Wonderful cards, Greta. How sweet of your friend to make you that pretty pouch, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That background is superb! I've not ventured into foiling yet, but that example is almost enough to tempt me in! Love the turquoise pumpkin too. Like you, we don't do much around Halloween and I like your pared back, non scary version. Lucky crafter to receive such a sweet gift from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that alternative colour Pumpkin, really pops against the backing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Greta. Love the felt rose on the aqua pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your foiled background is awesome. I love the turquoise pumpkin being it's own unique self. Who said they had to be orange. Your Halloween background is kind of spooky and those trees are perfect for the holiday. I agree, Mia is so talented and this pouch shows off some of her talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cards, I love the blue pumpkin, your trees have the feel of Halloween and a great background, your gifts are just beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rose gold background is fabulous with your aqua pumpkin. Crafty friends are wonderful, so glad I can count you as one of mine. P S the trees are brilliant for the Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bitty rose and leaves are exquisite and make your pumpkin even more beautiful. I still have Trendy Trees and your idea works well. Like you, I have very few Halloween stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rose foiling looks so pretty with the non traditional colour of the fabulous pumpkin. What a wonderful CAS second card and yes Mia is talented, creative and so generous x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love that foiled background and all the sparkle. Well done for using felt too. Thanks for all your visits and lovely comments recently too. There seems to be no end to Mia's generosity, what a lovely present. I used to do a lot of stitching but haven't for a while. I think I should get a project set up for the winter xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mia is a sweetheart and such a lovely gift! Your cards are always so lovely but I am really taken with the halloween trees...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply wonderful creations, love that fabulous blue pumpkin on that gorgeous background paper!!! and those trees, simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the color you have used on that pumpkin, it looks wonderful with that background. Well done!! Lots of great work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.